Hackintosh Problems.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Cam, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This is probably the last thread I'm going to make about Hackintosh. I ask HERE, because unless you're a long-time user on the InsanelyMac/OSX86 forums, you won't get answered.

I was given a seemingly proper list of Kexts. They all work, but the PCI one screwed up. When I tried booting into Windows 7, W7 wouldn't load! It turns out that the RealTek PCI....thing was screwed. I had to reformat to W7, and here I am back at square one. Which kexts do I 'dun use? Here are the specs of my PC.

Which Distribution is best for me, and how do I circumvent my PCI-E RealTek problem?

CPU: Intel Q660 Quad Core CPU (2.4GHz)
    RAM: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
    GFX: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512MB, PCI-E)
    HDD: WDC WD5000AAKS-75A7B0 ATA Device
    CD DRIVE: PLDS DVD+ -RW DH-16A6S ATA Device
    MOBO: 64-0100-009999-00101111-092608-Eaglelake$1ADXP005_BIOS DATE: 09/26/08 15:21:57 VER: 0.0.1
    WI-FI CARD: Linksys RangePlus Wireless G/N Card WMP110 (PCI-E)
    PCI NETWORK THING: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (This is the thing that messed up, by the way)
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a few suggestions. This is not "an attempt to be clever" or trolling or whatever you always seem to think when I post in your threads. What I am saying is genuine.

Give up on OSx86ing your PC. Instead, do the following:

• Save up for a Mac OR
    • Save up for a computer (Laptop or Desktop) that is the most compatible with OSx86 OR
    • Build a computer designed for OSx86, getting as close to Mac hardware as possible OR
    • Replace parts of your computer with parts that are compatible with OSx86

I still have no clue as to why you even want OS X aside from the GUI.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I am fully on Tes's side here. Cam, this is getting ridiculous. You have made heaps of threads all about hackintoshing, with most of them leading to no solution. Go to an OSX86 forum.

Need I say more?

Sorry everyone for flame/troll. I could not let this one go.
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I sent you a PM to an IRC room if you are interested. There's knowledgeable people there.

If you're having that much trouble, I suggest buying a Mac.
    I'm aware they're expensive, but it's money well spent.

Please Register or Log in to view images

A Mac Mini is only $600.

2.0GHz isn't that bad; I started out with a 2GHz processor. Worked nicely.
    I just upgraded to the 2.4GHz Quad for gaming.

I specifically built my rig around OS X. (I actually bought the OS from Apple, too)
    Works perfectly. But I'd still love a genuine Mac Mini.

I'm not mad at you (unlike everybody else it seems), I'm giving you my honest answer.
    You'll enjoy using the Mini or whatever more than a hackintosh. Trust me.
  5. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    As I stated a zillion times, OSX86 Forums and other communities disregard anyone who isn't a veteran member, or a genius.

I have "all the parts", I just need help with one tiny part of it.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Or someone who doesn't use the Search function of their forums, takes the time to read and process the information and relies on people to answer their questions for them.

THAT is your problem. Do you know why they answer the questions of veteran members or "geniuses"? Because they have prior knowledge, of which they can give back to communities. To them, it's not just about leeching. Its also about giving back.
  7. moshonas

moshonas Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    He want OSX to use pwnage tool, like man just vmware it, there are many people like pcwiz who have made put their virtual machine on the internet, but i have a feeling that you are using a *******ed one. and There are thousands of videos on youtube, so go check that out.