Hackint0sh?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by brendanm, Jan 30, 2010.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So, Infinite Mac doesn't have the user base to help me with this in the time given, and I'm not asking for a distrobution or providing links. I'm sorry if this isn't supposed to be talked about here...

Anyway, I got a Toshiba Satellite L500-02H. I've downloaded SnowOSX Universal V3.5 and burnt it to a bootable ISO. I've got a couple questions!

1) Can anyone help me find all the KEXTS I need? I want everything fully working.
    2) Will dial-up work? It's my main internet connection, however I got another PC if it doesn't.
    3) Will my Web-Cam work with Photo-Booth and iChat and all that?
    4) Will my microphone work?
    5) If I wanted to get rid of it, and move back to Windows 7, could I just pop in my recovery DVD's and go back to normal?

Thanks guys!
  2. ¡Will¡

¡Will¡ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hackint0sh is illegal. Look up the Psystar lawsuit case.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Hackintoshing is illegal if you don't own the OS, and or have it on an Apple branded machine and the OP can easily slap a Apple Sticker on it and be fine.
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I got stickers, and planned on replacing the casing with Apple casing... Making it pretty much legit. How would they catch me anyway? Exactly.. They're not going to raid my house and check my OS.
  5. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Lol, I'd laugh if I turned on the news and saw a bunch of SWAT dudes with an Apple insignia going around kicking down the doors of suspected Hackintoshers

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    as with most hackintoshes, you might not be able to get everything working, unless you know and want to dedicate the time to making drivers. Whats wrong with win 7 I have ultimate 64bit and I love it.
  7. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mac is wack. lol its okay i had macintosh. such a pian to find and install packages and all this bs lol. wanna mac go by a mac! thats what i did.
  8. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its hard to get everything to work on a hackintosh, my friend had one and he spent forever to get his laptop to connect to his wifi.. then a few days later it stopped again lol so its really luck

retro, i love the sig btw lol
  9. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How much would the new casing cost? If its as much as a laptop would be, I would look around at laptops that run well with OSX with all components working.
  10. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hackintoshes aren't extremely reliable, but are reliable enough. I will be hackintoshing eithe this werkend or next