Hacking Wireless Networks?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tamgoose, Oct 17, 2007.

1. tamgoose

tamgoose New Member

Just got my touch this morning.. in my apartment and have found 2 wireless networks on my touch. They are both password protected.. how do I get in?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. coolkid

coolkid New Member

download stumbler off the installer and check out thier information with it. if its wep encrypted then you have a chance, it its wpa, then no such luck. right now stumbler wont hack it for you, so google hacking wep keys.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Sadly, most people don't bother with changing the passwords from default on their password protected Networks. Figure out which Router it is and try the default password.

If that doesn't work, then try simple, easy to rememebr things, like the person's last name or telephone number.

If none of the above works, then you can get a Wireless cracker for yuor computer, scout out the password (may take some time) and get the password that way. You can then use that same password form the touch.

Else, you're SOL.
  4. iStealth

iStealth New Member

One thing I have learned in my bus. is that everything can be hacked... but WPA and WPA2 are much more difficult
  5. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

in order to get into the router wirelessly, first you must crack the wep ^O^... even if the router's pass is admin/admin ... that doesnt mean you are any closer because you need WEP to access it first. Then you can f*** around with the router (not saying I would ever do that.. for I am a network engineer ^__^ )
  6. Roflcopter_Down

Roflcopter_Down New Member

Wep is really easy to crack, you just need a packet sniffer. WPA on the otherhand the packets aren't "encrypted" like WEP so you'd need to use a brute force attack to get in.
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    well you could always try guessing the password.

I did that with one try and I got wi fi and i mooched off of some random persons wi-fi. It should be a 10 digit code .
  8. iStealth

iStealth New Member

Wow they must have been a sophisticated network admin if you were able to guess their password on the first try...

serves them right for picking something easy..
  9. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

10. charlienesh

charlienesh New Member

HAHAHAH omg