Hacking a PSP help Please? (Battery or CFW)

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by deleted account 4, Mar 23, 2008.

1. deleted account 4

deleted account 4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont know if it's so much the battery, but here's the problem. I made a magic memory stick with some weird method and hardmodded a fat battery.

I put them both in my PSP and the options on the screen are:

Press X to install 3.71 M33
    Press O to install original 3.71
    Press [ ] to dump the nand
    Press L+R+start+home to restore nand dump physically (dangerous!)

So I decide to press the 3.71 m33. It does a bunch of stuff and finally says, "Install Success. Press X to shut down the PSP."

When I press X it shuts down.

I turn it back on and it comes back to the screen with all the options!! Does anyone know what I should do?
  2. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmm I would try O because if I remember correctly you need it on the original firmware for it to be hacked.
  3. deleted account 4

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it does the same thing- goes back to the option screen. Incase it means anything, it's not turning on without the charger in. The battery isn't empty though, because I charged it to 100% before doing anything, and the orange light goes away quickly when I let it sit.
  4. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hmm I'm not really sure then. Try googling a solution, I tried calling my friend because he hacked his but he was not home.
  5. deleted account 4

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright, thanks for trying. I think I did something wrong when making the memory stick, but i can't get it into USB mode now so it's too late

EDIT: alright, lemme break it down. I've done pretty much every possible combination of things to get it to work. Hold R while running stuff, take out the battery and memory stick, do the easter dance, ect. Nothing worked. So I did the press X thing one more time. I decided to take out the battery when turning it back on, which I think I've already tried. Guess what? IT WORKED!!! 3.71 M33 Custom Firmware FTW! Thanks for helping Negamaki. This is my first hacked PSP

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. dannyf

dannyf New Member

Ive done psp hacking. Im currently on 3.80m33-5 which id recommend, 3.71 series sucks.
    And if you ever need to upgrade i'd use catb50's (google it, or pm me for the forum) it makes the Magic memory stick for you...