iOS 4.0 Hacked version of 4.0 For Itouch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by brokkenwilliam, Jun 5, 2010.

1. brokkenwilliam

brokkenwilliam New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Since the iPod Touch 1g is so hackable, is it possible to make an ipsw file for the iPod Touch of the 4.0 software when it is released? I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot...I don't know much about the software, firmware, or architecture of the iPod Touch.

I'm just really bummed that my device is going to be obsolete. Apple really sucks like that. I guess Android will be the future for the iPod Touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It could be possible. I think people are working on it now.
  3. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just wait for the final version to come out. It's not impossible like many will say. Currently, there's a group porting it to the 2g iphone so it's only a matter of time before it comes to us 1g users. The iPhone 2G, 3G and the first iPod Touch basically all have the same hardware.
  4. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't see much point though, since the 1g's are hacked-for-life
  5. Saphiresurf

Saphiresurf Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    not neccacerally. If 4.0 is ported to the ipod touch 1g then it isnt neccesarraly hacked for life. If your talking about OpeniBoot then it is hacked for life unless apple comes out with and iPod Touch 1g MC which is very unlikely.
  6. jellydonuts

jellydonuts New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Dude, stop crying about Apple making your device unsupported. That is what I'd like to call, Technology. Technology advances every year, we see new features, designs, etc. every year when it comes to working with electronics. Just get the next best thing and keep it until it becomes obselete. I'm pretty sure there will be someone who's willing to take out of their busy schedule to hack 4.0 to 1g users.
  7. ChuckMez

ChuckMez New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, but look at Nintendo. There are 4 different types of the DS system, and yet, they all play the same games. However, the firmware is different, but Nintendo doesn't make the 1G DS completely useless, like Apple with the iPod Touch 1G. Because of this, i'm never buying another apple product. Greedy cuzzler, that Steve Jobs is. At least I got android on my 1G
  8. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thats completely different, this is a new operating system, its not like apples apps are becoming unsupported... and anywayys nintendo ds's are rubbish...
  9. ChuckMez

ChuckMez New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Not all apps, but most of em are more than likely gonna end up requiring OS 4.0... leaving us in the dust. We'll just have to wait and see if it can get hacked... Android did, maybe 4.0 can
  10. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It is not a new operating system, it is a simple update, the main stuff and the looks are exactly the same but apple are making it so that you need OS 4 to get any applications. so after a short while 1G owners will not be able to download any apps or games even if the 1G could run them like it can run 99% of all the apps