Hacked it and its now frozen!!!!!!please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thejoester, Oct 31, 2007.

1. thejoester

thejoester New Member

I hacked the touch and tht was fine, wen i plugged it in itunes it sed itunes cnt support iphone technology!!!! and the ipod touch froze. what can do please help!!!!!!!!!!
  2. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    force restore your ipod
  3. brokerv69

brokerv69 New Member

what saved me was holding down the start button (on the top) and the menu button (round) at the same time (all the while the unit is plugged into the computer with itunes running). Once the unit resets, (apple screen appears) let up on the start button while continuing to hold the menu button for about 15 to 25 secs. Then you should get another screen (usb cable to itunes icon) at that point you will be prompted for a full restore. Say yes, sit back and the unit will restore to factory software.
  4. M4gnum

M4gnum New Member

suggestion...

Make sure you have your iTunes updated, And the firmware updated on the iPoT to the newest version 1.1.1.

• If these are in order, then yes, try a forced restore by holding the power button and home button till iPoT turns off.
    • When it turns off, let go of the power button and hold down the home till iTunes logo appears, then click Restore..
  5. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

To add on to m4gnum. when you jailbreak (after the restore) , do that first before adding any music or anything. Not only will this ensure if you have another problem that you didn't spend an extra hour, but it also has you start out fresh and clean, the cleaner the hard drive, the less prone the screw ups.