Hacked iPod - HORRIBLE Battery Life - Problem?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cpbball3, Jan 9, 2008.

1. cpbball3

cpbball3 New Member

Ok I jailbroke my iPod Touch and put on some new applications, changed the background, etc - nothing too fancy.

Ever since i did this randomly the "box" button at the bottom of the ipod doesn't work sometimes and I have to press it down 10x for it to go back to the main screen.

The battery life is garbage. I need to charge mine everyday and dont listen to music more then 2-3 hours or watch ANY video.

I had this problem with my old iPod as well! My iPod mini in silver. I transfered all of my illegally downloaded music. Do you think it is possible that one of those files was corupt with a virus and that it is now screwing up my iPod touch as well? The battery life bar is also reads low sometimes then goes back up to normal a few minutes later. Sometimes ill charge it for around 4 hours and it won't even be fully charged but rather 1/3 or 1/2 charged.

Whats the deal guys? Did I just get an iPod with a sh*tty battery?
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

sounds like a crap battery and possibly a faulty home button

and as for virus, no way, it have to be coded specifically for the ipod, which almost no one has taken the time to do
  3. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Accualy there is like viruses for the ipod touch discovered recently... I cant beleive people take time to make viruses toruin peoples computers. Its so stupid.

And as for the battery life i dont know but 3rd party apps wearnt desiegned to save battery life. I dont know for the home button though.
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

those viruses arent exactly malicious, the prep 1.1.3 was a bad virus

the other was one that just put a stupid message on the screen

im assuming they were just proof of concept viruses
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ^$#%

You could have a faulty battery, although with third party applications, some can suck your battery. Games, particularly emulators like gpSPhone or NES, can be battery-suckers.

Also, you might not be thinking of this either, but Wi-Fi also sucks your battery majorly. Make sure if you aren't using it that you have it set to 'Off', if it says 'Not Connected' it isn't Off still, it'll continue to search for connections in your area, which will still kill your battery.

Make sure your not draining your battery out to less than 10% very often because it can kill the battery process (cycling) and kill off the chemicals in the battery.
  6. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You may also want to download Services and turn SSH off, unless you are going to add themes manually, where you would have to turn it on, but it is a HUGE battery drainer
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah if you turn Wi-fi off and turn the screen brightness down, you will save a ton of battery life.
  8. Phrizzle

Phrizzle Member

My iPod Touch has a crappy battery life as well, but I'm assuming its because of all the apps I have installed. I get 10 hours of straight music play before it needs to be recharged.
  9. rawb

rawb Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Rofl... What do you expect from an iPod... Its a portable device... Battery life aint gonna be ZOMG amazing

Please Register or Log in to view images

10 - hours is pretty good
  10. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

after all..we do abuse them by adding games, themes, and programs..its like a personal computer...laptops dont hold up for mroe than 5 hours(most)