Guys one Question, Please need Answer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alxcoolastru, Apr 20, 2009.

1. alxcoolastru

alxcoolastru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I have 2 jailbroken iPod touches and my 16 gig one got bricked during off and now is completely dead. I have Apple Care protection plan and i sent for repair to Apple but i otdered a paid repair for 170 dollars so that they would change practicaly all the iPods parts and the back plate. I just want to know am i in danger will they repair it if i paid the full repair price ? Please i need some answers .
  2. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wait what do u mean... u have a plan from apple but u paid extra for the full repair that changes all the parts, but can u explain the last sentence better its confusing me.

Edit: Ohhhh i read ur other post, yea they should still repair, i dont see why they should care if theree getting more money.
  3. alxcoolastru

alxcoolastru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well my back covers is a bit scratched and i'm a person who hates scratches . So i asked them if they could change my back cover and repair. They said that if i want to do that , that i have to pay the full repair price because changing the back cover in a iTouch means the same thing as changing the allmost all of the parts because they are all connected to the back plate. So i said i'll pay and they gave me a total of 170 dollars and i paid . So i'm just affraid because the iPod was jailbroken. Did you send yours out for repair ?
  4. dim3000

dim3000 New Member

Now, that I must say is a pretty dumb decision. Why didn't you restore it to normal mode before sending it in?
  5. alxcoolastru

alxcoolastru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Iv'e tried restoring it but the screen wont even blink iv'e tried having it connected to the computer like 24 hours straight and at the same time tried to put it in DFU mode and it just doesn't reply to anything the screen is just pure black so it's not like i dont want to restore it back to normal. I just want to be sure that they'll cover me .