Guys ? come on ......

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dragomer, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What blows my mind is that it seems like people are flocking to get one of these.
    OMFGWTFBBQCHICKEN!!!111one!!1!!!! a new ipod
    Big whoop.

There are cases that support external speakers so if you spend another 400 bucks just for speakers your an idiot. seriously....

The only reason I would be compelled to get one is if a new exploit, and consequently a new jailbreak is discovered, or if I had no intentions of jailbreaking it. This would make the line in actually useful.

I find it absolutely asinine that people are just assuming someone will find a way to jailbreak it. I hope one is found, I really do, but don’t buy one and assume its going to happen and then flood the boards with requests like “when can I expect a jailbreak, what about new emulators?”

Seriously do you think that external volume controls, speakers (which you can get now), Nike+ , and a different appearance is worth an extra 400 bucks?

Yay! Bluetooth is confirmed in it. That’s awesome except for the fact that:

This particular bluetooth chipset supports BT2.1+EDR. No word yet on whether the one Apple included supports A2DP, which would enable stereo headphones.”

“Clearly people thing this is for the Nike+, problem is it's fact that Nike+ uses a manipulated version of Bluetooth specially developed for the product. While this doesn't eliminate the possibility for this chip being the receiver, it makes it extremely rare.”

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble.All I’m trying to say is that right now this thing has a lot of potential for being something good, but right now that’s the only thing it has. Like I said before I hope all of this comes together, its exciting to watch it unfold, but use some common sense and better judgment before you sell your 1g ipod touch and get stuck with a device that can not be jailbroken.
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Im not buying one simply because the speakers mean absolutely nothing to me. They are quiet, tinny and crappy in my opinion. I prefer my bose headphones. Theyre loud and has bass. And the volume controls are useless for me as well. I dont tend to increase my volume a lot. Nike + is also useless because I dont run.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why are you convincing people not to buy? If they want to buy it (Like me) let them. Personally I'm getting it because:

• Price Drop for 32 GB
    • Supposed Bluetooth
    • Microphone that works
    • 36 Hours of Battery Life
    • External controls
    • Speaker
  4. cainy

cainy New Member

im hoping the lack of jailbreak on the 2nd gen will make the 1st gens worth more

Please Register or Log in to view images

....just like the old days of PSP modding, and i agree with you completely, i mean i would have expected more features seeing as the 2nd gen is the same price as the 1st gen was here in the UK, from what ive read the external speaker doesnt work to well and without JB/Apples firmware support no1 will get very far with the BT chip
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh yeah, forgot about price cuts, microphone, "bluetooth" and better battery life.
    But I guess I still don't need to buy one. Im happy with my 1st gen

6. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i understand if people were moaning and groaning about it but if they want to buy it let them what do you gain from telling them not to its not like with the money they would have used to buy an ipod they'll "say thank you for controlling my life so heres 229 dollars" im just saying let people use/waste their own money whatever way they want let
  7. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok so let's make a list of some actual useful features that are not available right now
    • Extra Battery
    • External Controls
    • Mic

400 bucks for that ? no way....
    If your buying it as your first ipod touch, or going to use it the way it comes then go for it. It makes sense from that perspective. All I'm saying is from a jailbreaking point of view there is no reason to get one. It does not have "supposed bluetooth" . The only thing we know is that it has a specialized blue tooth chip for use with the Nike+; which, unless you run, is basically useless. Theres no guarantee someone can get that to work as regular bluetooth, and before you worry about that you have to have a working jailbreak.

If you already have one, to me, it seems pointless to get it. Especially if your buying and hoping to jailbreak. I just do not see how one could be ok dishing out 400 bucks for some "supposed features" that unless it can be jailbroken are pretty useless.

The only thing I'm trying to do is to get some fanboys to actually think before they sell the old one and gobble up the newest Apple product.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well I don't Jailbreak

But I find those extra stuff to be useful. Go ahead and call me a fanboy. What does it matter to you? Why do you care if people buy it or not? Is it your money?

Btw, do you build your own Custom PC?
  9. Prabz

Prabz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey i sold my iPod for $250 and i dont mind chippin in
    $50 for an 8gb which i previously had
    for speakers, free app store, volume controls
    and more battery

but i do agree for buying it for $300+ is kind of a waste
    but as long as its not my cash i culd care less
  10. River

River New Member

Same here, I don't have any reason to "upgrade".