Guitar Pro for iTouch!

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by blizma, Feb 8, 2008.

1. blizma

blizma New Member

For all you Guitarists out there, would this not be an AwwWwWssSsOomE App?

It sucks turning on pc all the time to learn a song properly, but having it in your pocket would be awsome =D
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This has been brought up before, and I agree it would be great, but nobody seems to want to take it on

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it would be awesome, but it would also be some project!
  4. Drako

Drako New Member

id be happy with powertab... lol or just something that can play the tab back with it viewing.. doesnt have to be all advanced
  5. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why does everyone always put a

in there stupid app requests.. Its like they think that they are so cool for thinking of an app and asking someone else to make it...
    [/RANT]

But yeah, guitar pro or a similar app would rock my sox.

6. tacomanmcjab

tacomanmcjab New Member

7. DTRocker

DTRocker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i keep thinking about this alot, didnt know if i should bring it up but yeah this would be one awesome program for on the road use but it would require the program to be SOOOOO small, and would have to be Zoomable, i dont think lag would be a problem playing the music tracks, ive already ran Guitar Pro through my IpoT via VNC Client, and it seemed to keep up to every other note but that was over the internet -> wireless to my IpoT, so if u had this program IpoT based there wouldnt be a problem really at all. When you played the music i would prob have to blow up the tablature so u can watch it play. I say come when the SDK comes out well have to contact the Guitar Pro team to craft this aweseome program for us!
  8. curthard89

curthard89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ill have a play around, see if i can interface with the guitar pro files, btw, nice esp theme....im more of a prs guy but hey. ill report bk on my findings.
  9. curthard89

curthard89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    btw the looks of things the .gp3 files are encoded with there own algorithm which im sure no1 has figured out. Likely hood or being able to figure that out is unlikly, unless sum1 whats to sit down and figure out what is produced when you save notes etc. Look like an app just designed for the ipod/iphone is needed, which has its own file formats.
  10. ndfusion

ndfusion New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just use screen capture software.....play the tabs with GuitarPro/PowerTab while saving it to video (MP4) or export tab to PDF...upload it to your ipod. You have to know which songs you'd want to work on ahead of time and you can't edit anything as you go......but it works for now.