Guitar Hero World Tour vs. Rockband 2

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Blackhaze, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Blackhaze

Blackhaze Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hello. I was thinking about buying a new music game for my xbox 360. I am gonna choose between the two top ones which have the whole band which is Guitar Hero World Tour and Rockband 2. I am kinda wanting the Guitar Hero one because i would most likely play the drums the most and the drums i hear last longer than the Rockband ones.... Also i like the cymbal idea... I have no idea which one to get. Convince me...
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Game- Rockband 2. Has better and more tracks in my opinion. You can also import most of the tracks from other Rockback games into Rockband 2.

Instruments- Guitar Hero World Tour. They last and look better, again it's just my opinion. Then again if you buy the GHWT instruments you'd be getting the game as well...
  3. Blackhaze

Blackhaze Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Okay thanks! I think ill buy the Guitar Hero World Tour... If i need more songs ill just buy Rockband 2 once i get more money... The guitar hero instraments work on Rockband too right?
  4. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Rock Band 2 is a million miles ahead of World Tour. Especially if you're buying DLC. I have both sets of drums, and whilst the Rock Band 1 drums are pretty flimsy, my World Tour drums have been more troublesome and the Rock Band 2 drums are fairly solid, so I've heard. I've been through 2 World Tour sets and I've had to open my current one up twice because the wires inside have came loose on the red and blue pad. Do a google search and you'll find that issue is pretty widespread. Also the pedal is nigh on unusable on expert.

Buy the Rock Band 2 set. You can add 3 cymbals to it too. You can also buy Rock Band 1, rip it, then sell it (or borrow it if you have the option) and you'll end up with about 160 songs (there are currently over 800 more on the marketplace). World Tour comes with about 80 and the selection is already weaker in the first place. Plus with Rock Band Network open beta starting very soon, the amount of songs available is going to sky rocket. Do not be stuck with the dated and inferior Guitar Hero.

All of the instruments work with all games, but using the Guitar Hero World Tour drums in Rock Band is awkward because the cymbal is sometimes charted as a tom or snare.
  5. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Rock Band 2
  6. Led

Led Banned

Rock Band 2. I would love to try the GH:WT drums though.
  7. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    lol rockband 2 has more songs but guitar hero world tour is a better game, and better instruments, just get that then later get rockband 2, or wait Guitar hero 5 (better than both)
  8. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In what way, shape or form is World Tour a better game? If by better game you mean dated art design and presentation, a broken vocal system, a terribly designed local multiplayer system that punishes fun and an even worse design for setting off star power on the drums then sure, it's a better game. If you actually care about presentation, a tighter engine, better graphics, a much better career system, better songs, noob accessibility and a pile of songs guaranteed every week then probably best to pick Rock Band 2. Admittedly GH5 looks to have fixed a lot of these issues, but it has an even worse set-list and it still can't compete with the Rock Band franchise (1, 2, Beatles and the RBN).

Since the topic creator seems to be new to all of this I'd also like to point out that Harmonix created Guitar Hero and quit after GH2 to create Rock Band. They're pretty much single handedly responsible for every innovation in the genre in the west and when you see the care and love put into The Beatles: Rock Band it really goes to show how superior they really are when you compare it to half hearted attempts like Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and the upcoming GH: Van Halen. The biggest thing to happen to the genre since it's creation is the upcoming Rock Band Network. You'll need Rock Band 2 to access it.
  9. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    not this again, ive had this fight many times, Rockband 2, first off as i have said rockband has more songs (it has flipping MTV on speedial, i already know this) now then, lets start with the guitar for rockband (oversized buttons that are spaced quite far apart, strum bar that strums if u hold it in any direction, which gets tripped allllloot), drums (they are ok but guitar hero world tour's are better) and they have the same mic. Gameplay, rockband allows you to have overdrive for the length of an entire song and if you play drums, u dont get a choice when to activate it, 1 good thing is more than six songs in one set list, (this is vs GHWT not GH5 so ill count that), let me think about what i forgot...gimmie a sec there is more

oh wait wth, harmonix did not create guitar hero completly by themselves and please dont tell me it has bad graphics and a broken mic, please come with facts or u will be chewed out
  10. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Then you should be used to losing, considering Rock Band 2 is widely accepted as the current reigning king of music games on virtually every major video game forum (including the biggest on the net; NeoGAF) and by virtually every gaming journalist (check the metacritic listings).

No it doesn't.

Yes you do. If you don't want to activate it, don't hit the green cymbal and it won't go off. On the contrary, it is World Tour which is much more controlling over when you can set it off because there are few windows where you get a chance to hit both cymbals without messing up. It's the most frustrating drumming design choice I've yet to encounter in either game (aside from World Tours pedal).

Yes... yes they did.

So your argument boils down to "Rock Band has longer overdrive segments and Guitar Hero allows longer setlists (even though the superior Rock Band 2 career has a ton of VERY long setlists). That simply doesn't push a game ahead of another, when the other game looks and plays better and the very fact that it has a ton of songs gives it the biggest advantage you could possibly have in the genre. The instruments are down to preference but they're irrelevant anyway as they all work with both games.

Please learn to read so you don't look like an idiot. I said World Tour has a broken vocal system, not a broken mic. This is a widely established fact of the franchise -- on expert it is often so accurate at pitch detection that it is IMPOSSIBLE to pass by simply singing the song like the original singer, with pitch jumps so fast and none-lenient that it is often literally impossible to get 100% thus the vocal mechanics are fundamentally flawed (as well as looking blocky and ugly).