GUIs feed the noobiness?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ranko95, Feb 21, 2009.

?

Do jailbreak GUIs contribute to lack of knowledge?

1. HELL YES!!

42.3%
  2. Yeah sorta

19.2%
  3. Im nuetral

3.8%
  4. Not really...

19.2%
  5. Gtfo! GUIs are awesome!!!!!

15.4%
  1. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you think that Jailbreak GUIs kinda contribute to the mass ignorance? I mean i knew absolutely nothing about the ipod before joining this site. And i learned a little bit about how these devices work by doing the jb manually. Now i like to try and figure things out myself. So whadya tthink?
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    amen brotha. I think that GUI make people read less, for example: if you had to jailbreak through command prompt, you would read everything, but if it's a GUI, a person is more likely to run it without reading the instructions
  3. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well i learned most of what i know after jailbreaking with a gui so i guess yes and no
  4. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

It may be true, but the GUIs are more convenient. I don't think people should do a manual jb just to learn about it.
  5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

in my opinion, guis are not the source of ignorance. in reality, these guis allow less confusion and less noob questions. if everyone was to jailbreak through command prompt, don't you think a sh*tload of noob questions about command prompt and what to type and all that would have emerged??
    guis are amazing!!! the ignorance comes in when people don't read. it comes in when people do not search. not only is iptf a good jb search engine, but also google is.
  6. GanawaJ

GanawaJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Honestly If you follow any guide to the "t" then there wouldn't be a problem at all but people are so eager they rush through the GUI or the Instructions and then get mad it doesn't work.

I Jailbroke my Ipod Touch on my 5th try... only because i rushed through the thing and thought I knew what I was doing.
  7. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    GUI's are only bad when they let the completely ignorant jailbreak and when they screw it up they come crying to us to fix it, and 99% of the time a little googleing is all it would take to find find a fix .
  8. Make It sn0w

Make It sn0w Banned

I used a GUI but after that I had to read about it. I just couldn't handle the fact that I might have been a n()()b. I fixed it though. Cha.
  9. Munksyman325

Munksyman325 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It'd be nice if people didn't make GUIs until it's a full untethered jailbreak. The noobs alll use the GUIs and go OMG I HEKED MY ITOUCH LETS TURn IT OFF! AGH MY ITOUCH IS BRIKEDDD.

Totally with yu
  10. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I see what your saying but just think, if there weren't any GUIs people that lack command prompt knowledge would get errors while attempting to jailbreak and we would havetriple the help bricked threads