[Guide] When your iPod is stuck on the Apple screen, Boot-Loop or it won't restore!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Marv1993, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Marv1993

Marv1993 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    So I had this problem, that my iPod was stuck in a Boot-Loop and I couldn't restore it with iTunes cause it always stucked when it tried to restore.
    So I tried to find a solution somewhere, but I couldn't. So I just found my own after a long time.
    And because a lot of people have the same problem I am going to tell you in only a few steps how to get your iPod to work again!

First you have to get the 3.0 Firmware from Apple. I don't exactly know where you can get it from. Prolly somebody can tell me a legally source for it.. Cause I couldn't find it on Apples Webstore

Please Register or Log in to view images

After this download the DFU Helper, to put your iPod in the DFU-Mode, because you have to time very perfectly and this program helps very good!!
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96609
    After you downloaded it use this program to put your iPod in DFU-Mode.

Then iTunes will say that it found an iPod in Recovery Mode.
    Now just press the Shift Button and click on Restore (Windows) so that you can choose you just downloaded Firmware. Then browse through your computer and select the Firmware. And the iTunes should finally does it job and restores your iPod finally!
    Now everything should just work fine!

If you want you can put the newest Firmware (3.1.2) on your iPod. But I didn't cause 3.0 is now working fine for me and I doesn't wanna risk it anymore. And there isn't really a big change between 3.1.2 and 3.0. SO I wouldn't recommend it, if you want to jailbreak it! If you don't want to jailbreak it go ahead and do it!

This is my first guide ever and I hope it will help a lot of people and you all like it

If you think I can improve it somehow just tell me!!
    And if you need further help, tell me too! Probably I can help you!

Marv
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Remove the first link.
  3. GregoryFire

GregoryFire New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The link to the firmware is illegal.
  4. Marv1993

Marv1993 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay.. I made a mistake posting this link and I changed it know! I hope this Post still helps someone!