GUIDE: Scientific and Graphic Calc

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ganxta91, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Ganxta91

Ganxta91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    first of all, you have to install apache from the installer (of course your touch needs to be jailbroken!)
    on your pc visit http://scicalc.belfry.com/ and save as .html file
    also visit http://furbo.org/stuff/conspiracy.html and save the whole (!) page.
    then connect it with your pc (i prefer winscp).
    go to /Library/WebServer/Documents and copy scicalc.html , conspiracy.html and the folder called conspiracy-files
    now you can visit http://127.0.0.1/scicalc.html and http://127.0.0.1/conspiracy.html with safari when you are offline!
    have fun!
  2. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you can get onto scicalc offline without doing any of this... and its old news...
  3. bowman13139

bowman13139 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well mr helpful, if this is old news and you can do it anyway, why dont you be really helpful and show us the link, cause i think i like the graphing calculator idea, thankyou
  4. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

I didn't even consider graphing calculator on my iPod, so I appreciated his post. No need to be mean to him for trying to give back to the community however he can. :/
  5. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Am I supposed to use a different IP? I couldn't find a WebServer directory in /library so i created it and the documents directory and copied the files into them. I also restarted the ipod, but when I type in the addresses that were posted, safari tells me that it can't connect to the server. Am I supposed to use the IP of my ipod? Or did I do something wrong?

I put the files in the library in the root directory, not in /private/var/root/library

hope that was right.
  6. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

You have to install a web server on your Pod for this. You can find them in Installer->Install->Network... Apache, or Lighttpd (I recommend the second one, as it's much easier to set up and get to the directory on-pod). You will then find the folder to put things in the root user's home directory (the "root" folder you mentioned), in a folder called "Sites" (SCP or SSH access should put you in that home directory by default, so it should be easy to find). On Apache the path they mentioned before applies.

GL.
  7. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    does this work for games also? ex. Bejeweled
  8. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

Depends on the game, if it is simple javascript, yes. If it has other files embedded and linked, no. It is possible to get anything you can access onto your iPod/Phone for offline viewing, but the process is simply a bit more complex, and you'd have to know some coding (or have a good siteripper app).
  9. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    what that mean
    2nd which games work?
  10. EyesOfARaven

EyesOfARaven New Member

You'd have to be a web designer/developer to understand, and I dunno what your experience is in that, but basically when you make a webpage (which is what these games are), you can either put code and assets (videos, javascript, etc., things like the parts of the game) in a single HTML file, or in separate (linked) files. If they are separate, and you download the main file, it will simply have missing chunks of page and nothing will work. The games that have everything in a single file are those that'll work with the above method. Otherwise you'd have to dive into the code of the main page and find each linked asset, and download them all. You'd also have to preserve the directory structure, or else modify the code to point to wherever you put them (I'd stick em all in a single folder). Maybe I'll do this for some of you as a service (not sure if I've got the time), or write a nice tutorial on how to do it. I'll definitely do the tutorial when I've got a moment. Perhaps if I get lots of spare time, I'll even code a tool to do it for you, in Python, which could then even run on your Pod. :O