[Guide] Jailbreaking Problems [Guide]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikeBoi, Mar 12, 2009.

1. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is if you have had Any problems with your jailbreak. Mainly using QuickFreedom!

Ipod Not Recognized and Itunes Won't Recognize it either!

To Fix this. First Try to place your iPod into DFU Mode. To do this. Hold Both home and power buttons for 10 Seconds. Then Release and hold home for 9.
    If Itunes Recognizes it, Then your Fixed. Simply Follow the steps in the tool you used to jailbreak you iPod. If This does not Work. You will need to Install LibUSB. If you are on XP just install normally. If on Vista (not 64Bit) You will need to install as XP. You will find this Option under one of the Tabs in properties. If Your Still having Problems. Then you will need to download c++ redistributable.

iPod Won't Boot!

Put you iPod Into Recovery (DFU) Mode. And Re-Jailbreak. If this Still Does not Work. Then Install c++ redistributable and LibUSB Again. If Still not working. Your Doing something Wrong. Or when using the Jailbreaking tool. Un-select Install Installer and Use Custom Boot logo. So it is just a basic custom firmware.

If not. Try a Different usb Port. or a Diff Comp.

iPod is still Not Working

Please Register or Log in to view images

Try Again as many times as. Try all USB Ports. Try all Computers within your house. And Try all the Methods. Also Restore to Original Firmware. Then Jailbreak.

Any More problems. Post Below.

Hope i Helped.

Ken.
  2. Samm

Samm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice Guide

didn't need it though it will help other people.
  3. HM82

HM82 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice advice!
  4. spider_pig448

spider_pig448 New Member

I got a couple of problems-

Just rejailbroke with quickfreedom. I noticed I couldn't sync well. I sync some items and then stop. Then i press sync again and it doesn't work. Eventually i got it to work.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also, my custom battery image is messed up, and when I restored my jailbroken items with aptbackup, %20 were missing. wierd. mail me at jonyranebo@gmail.com
  5. mtothew

mtothew New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ive got a huge problem:
    i jailbreaked my ipod 2g, first i tried it without a program and it failed (itunes gave me that 1604 error). then i discovered quickfreedom and it worked.
    later on i installed sbsettings and moved the settings icon into its dock. but instead of being there it disappeared from my springboard and it didnt show up in the sbsettings dock either. ive tried everything but i couldnt recover it. when i uninstalles sbsettings it still didnt show up - and my wifi was off, so i couldnt download anything else. i wanted to restore to the original firmware and then jailbreak again - but now my ipod wont accept any of the firmwares, neithert the original nor the custom one. it always stops while installing the firmware and gives me an error (unknown problem).
    i hope that someone can help me...
  6. finalcoyote

finalcoyote New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's a pretty weird problem.
    Try (as Kenbiro suggests) creating a simple custom firmware (no installer, no custom boot screen) and try re-jailbreaking
  7. mtothew

mtothew New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks but i tried that - still same problem.
    right now im trying it on a different computer. if that doesnt work... i dont know
  8. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Put your iPod Into DFU MODE. Then Restore to 2.2.1 Firmware. Then Create the basic Firmware. No Installer and no Custom boot image. Then Re-jailbreak to the Custom Firmware created by QuickFreedom.

Post back here if Problem Consists. And Maybe Post screenshots ?

Hope i Helped.
  9. mtothew

mtothew New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thank you both for your advice, really
    actually, it helped re-jailbreaking it on another computer. it was a bit difficult but eventually it worked the first time i tried.
    again thanks for your quick replies