[Guide]iNav for iPod Touch! Finally

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by kirch21, Mar 17, 2009.

1. kirch21

kirch21 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am beginning work on a new theme which is currently untitled i am starting today so the release date is not known. Keep checking back for it! I have some pretty good ideas so it should be great!

I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THE iNav THEME! ALL I HAVE DONE IS OPTIMIZE IT FOR THE IPOD TOUCH!

Here is a step by step to get iNav optimized for you iPod touch!

1. In cydia, search for categories and download it.

2. Download sbsettings from cydia and open it by sliding your finger down the top of your springboard. When open, hit the "more" icon, click "dock applications" and add winterboard settings and categories.

3. In sbsettings, open up the dock tab, then open up categories. Make a category called "Games" without the " ". Then make a category called "Apps" without the " ". Next place your games in the games folder and place all the rest of your applications in the apps folder EXCEPT music, videos, mail, safari, cydia, and photos.

4. Now download this file and unzip it to your desktop. http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=P08CKVNW

5. Now your going to need to open SSH into your iPod (http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/openssh/) there is a link in case you do not know how. Have the file you downloaded open. Using open SSH navigate to Private>Var>Mobile>Library>Webclips open the webclips in the folder you downloaded go to edit and select all and drag them all into the webclips folder you navigated to in your iPod touch using openSSH

6. Respiring your iPod using sbsettings. Place at least 10 blank icons on each page. (If you need more blanks download iBlank in cydia, make as many as you need, the put I blank in the "apps" folder) On page one places your music icon after the 10th blank icon. Page two is videos (all of these will be after the 10th blank icon) page three place the mail application, page four place the safari application, page five place the cydia application, page six place the photos application, page seven place the games folder, page 8 place the apps folder.

Now you should have one application on each of 8 pages and each application should be the 11th icon after 10 blanks.

7. Now open the folder you downloaded, inside it there is a folder called iNav Beta 1.0. Open ssh into your iPod once more and navigate to Library/Themes. Drag the iNav Beta 1.0 folder directly into the themes folder.

8. Now you will go to your sbsettings dock and open up winterboard. Drag "No undocked icon labels" all the way to the top about the iNav Beta 1.0 theme, select both of these. Let your iPod respring.

9. Open up you games folder and hit the small "i" in the bottom corner. Make the settings: Folder Title off the next three on and the last one off. Change the 4 to 3 and the icons theme to iNav. Repeat this for the apps category.

10. You should be done at this point; all that’s left to do is enjoy this amazing theme!

Once again I take no credit for this theme all I have done is make it so iPod touch users can enjoy it as well!

Note: you will now use the sbsettings dock to open winterboard, categories, and settings. The settings icon may be invisible in the dock but it is there just click it.

Deoneo's mod: http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=IOD19JAP (ssh into ipod)

everything will be the same just select this in winterboard instead of the original! you can have both of them on there!

Smooth Touch 1.0 is here! This has taken me a very long time and alot of work so i hope all of you enjoy it!
    You will install this basically the same way as iNav (tutorial above) except this has a dock just dont put the items you want in the dock into categories. I have themed the main ones i think people will use in the dock. In the screenshots you see below i have Stacks installed. This is completely optional but i have theme the default tools that go good in there. Good Luck!

Smooth Touch 1.0: http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=G0PACYWF

Attached Files:

2. llittlejc

llittlejc Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    perfect!!! thnx
  3. Elajes

Elajes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    WOW thanks alot! ty so much , great theme , finnaly! ^^
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  5. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    didn't someone else get an infraction/warning for posting this, which lead to 'unapproved or offsite links' or whatvere?

anyway, this looks great on my ipod
  6. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well not everybody can do this. If a person cannot do an easy jailbreak what makes you think they can install this properly. There are people who ask how to make icons. Come on I don't think that comment was necessary. It is a nice guide. It helps out the new guys who want this on their iPod Touch/iPhone who don't know how.

To the thread maker, NICE!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. kirch21

kirch21 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks and the guide just helps out the people who dont understand how to install it because its not the same as a normal theme. And yes i was banned because i had this posted on another forum and i posted the link instead of the whole thread which i am sorry for and didnt know was against the rules. And whoever said they had this installed already before this thread did not because its not the same as iNav for the iphone it has different pages to it and stuff.
  8. ryancarson25

ryancarson25 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks a lot.
    this is the best theme ever
  9. Protocol7

Protocol7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Now we need a Deoneo version of this.
  10. Nathan B