[GUIDE] How To Speed Up Your Computer

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by iMikkie, Aug 1, 2010.

?

8 vote(s)
    72.7%

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ever find yourself fustrated with your computer being slow, laggy or un-responsive?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Then you need Mikkie's how to speed up your pc guide!

It’s a problem nearly all of us face, when are computer begins to frustrate us – it becomes slow, laggy and un-responsive.

Often we put this down to having used up alot of memory or down to viruses / malware - and although these can contribute to a slow computer, there only a small fraction of the problem.

Performing a restore to factory settings should only be a last resort, after all that would take hours - and you would only have to re-install everything and back up your files. And if your as fussy as me, and like everything neat and tidy on your computer - restoring it really is not an option.

This guide is designed to help you to speed up your computer, but you will need some spare time and be used to the Windows operating system in order to understand these instructions.

Designed for Windows 7 systems, but some steps may work with Windows Vista and Windows XP.

STOP – IMPORTANT INFORMATION;
    Please note I take NO responsibility to loss or damage to your computer as a result of following the instructions in this tutorial.
    It is HIGHLY recommended that you create a restore point, so that if something should go wrong you can easily restore your computer to a previous point in time. Find out more about creating restore points at; http://tiny.cc/restorepoint
    Any third party software recommended has been tested and scanned for malicious software – and has been deemed safe to use. I do not own any of the content on any of the external websites listed on this page.

NOTES TO MULTI-TOUCH FANS;
    Do NOT quote this post, as it is FAR too long and will only take up a lot of room. If you have any queries, questions or need help – please quote ONLY the selected part of this thread that is relevant.
    This is an original and copyrighted© guide, please quote and link me if you are posting or quoting this anywhere else on the web - as it is my own work.

UPDATES;
    This page will be update regularly as and when it is required. (See the bottom of this post to see when last updated)

FEEDBACK / SUGGESTIONS
    Your feedback and suggestions are welcome, just either post them on this thread or send me a personal message. I'm always open to ideas

HELP;
    If you should require any help, please ask on this page first and either myself or other users will assist you –
    or feel free to send me a personal message here on the forum
    I can also provide remote assistance, should the need arise (lets me take control of your computer, and perform steps for you) – please contact me via personal message to arrange (you will need teamviewer).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Fantastic, Mikkie. You're the best

3. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Thanks - took me forever and still haven't finished

4. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Haha, well it worked.
  5. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or get a mac? xD Just joking. One of my friends had a stripped version of XP. Ran mega fast after all the crap was deleted.
  6. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    • Piracy
    <removed>
  7. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I doubt you have read through this all,
    What you have is simply a utility program that has its own disk cleaner, defragger and several other features - it will not change UAC, MS config, power options and many other things listed in my tutorial.

The tips and instructions I am giving allow you to change much more in depth settings to give a better overall result.

I have seen that program but preffer tune up utilities which isn't *******ed!, it looks much better and performs better.

Utility software, working on a computer that has followed this tutorial - will get A* for speed

8. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Or download the tuneUp Utilities 2010 trial. It is amazing!
  9. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Wow Nice man, I like your layouts too, really professional, been looking for something like this all on 1 page

10. ahonorstudent

ahonorstudent New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Wow, thanks. My computer is faster(though I didn't really get the shutdown part, I usually hibernate). And also, another tip: Install windows updates!!! I installed 5 updates, and my computer booted up almost 10 seconds quicker than before i updated(IDK what happened but I think it was the windows update).