Guide: How to get free ringtones for your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rightperspective, Jul 7, 2010.

1. rightperspective

rightperspective Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hey guys,

I have an iPod touch, but I have already added songs to my list of alarms with this method (which is, of course, the same sounds your phone uses as ringtones), so I am sure it should work with any iPhone.

1. Using iFile on your iPhone or an iPhone file browser that is on your computer, go into the iTunes_Control/music file. In this file you will see a series of files that go like "F00, F01, F02". These are the files that hold your synced music files. Find the song that you want your ringtone to be, then copy it.

2. Now go into the "Recordings" file. This is where your voice memos are located. Copy the name of one of your recordings that are at least as long as your song, then name your song the recording. Then change the extension from ".m4a" to ".caf". This is the file type of your ringtones and recordings. Paste your song over the recording; overwrite it.

3. Go to Voice Memos, find your ringtone song, and cut it down to the length you want for your ringtones.

4. Once you have clipped the song to a smaller clip, paste it into your "Ringtone" file, name it the title of the song, then your done.

Tell me if you have any questions.
  2. ipod touch luva

ipod touch luva Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
  3. naveen94

naveen94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this seems very annoying to do for every ringtone just make them in itunes
  4. rightperspective

rightperspective Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah but then you have to pay for them. This is the way I do it. If you find another way that's better, please use that way.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    @ipod touch luva: You are right. The article you posted is a MUCH better way than my theory. However, if you want to create ringtones FROM your iPhone, without a computer, I would recommend my process. Still, your process is much simpler.
  5. AllanR

AllanR New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    LOL. My guide will be up in about 1 hour
  6. moshonas

moshonas Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I recommend using the ones in the repos on cydia. NO PESKY INSTALLATION STEPS NECESSARY.

Plus they have quite a few songs. check there first

Please Register or Log in to view images