Guide: Get iPod Out of Recovery Mode And error (6) And Restore

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Chewyryce, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Chewyryce

Chewyryce New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im writing this because it took me forever to figure out the solution to the ever so annoying "recovery mode" screen being stuck there. and also the problem with "Unknown error (6)".

NOTE: my ipod is a gen 1 1.14 8 gig touch. Itunes was 7.7. i dont know if that matters or not.

I tried everyting to restore my ipod but would get an "unknown error (6)" every time and my ipod would be stuck in recovery mode and i cannot do anything about it.

The solution i found was that i ran itunes. put my ipod touch into recovery mode (the itunes logo with the plug), used ibrickr to detect and "try" to fix my ipod touch. it would then say "if the screen is green please restore it in itunes". in which my ipod was green and not red which is supposed to be good.

i then went to itunes and restored it to 1.14 by pressing "shift" key and clicking restore and selecting the firmware.

it was then restoring my ipod touch. i waited and then itunes said that my ipod was restarting. eventually my ipod was restored back to 1.14

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope this helps anyone whos stuck in recovery mode and also error problems
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  3. Chewyryce

Chewyryce New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. sdschramm

sdschramm Member