Guide for Digitizer Replacement?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IchigoK2031, Aug 3, 2009.

1. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Member

I was thinking of buying a new digitizer for my ipod touch 1g off of ebay, but does anyone have a super detailed guide for replacement including reassembly? If you do please link.

- thanks in advance
  2. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. IchigoK2031

IchigoK2031 Member

I'm not sure if tis the same for 2g everything I've seen says u have to pry off the back and then work towards the screen so I don't know
  4. jmckeemckee

jmckeemckee New Member

The 1g has a metal frame, making it much easier to replace the digitizer than the 2 g, as it has a plastic frame, and almost ALWAYS breaks! Be VERY careful not to destroy the lcd as you seperate the unit. There are several cables that you can also easily tear while seperating it. Just go at it very slowly and cautiously, cause if you rip the wrong cable....you might as well give up! Also, don't buy the glass piece off of ebay (that cheap, $12 part) its impossible to replace. Just check youtube! Get the glass digitizer for your generation...should run you about $35 or so shipped (I have them for $35 shipped, just email me with what you need!) I don't have the exact tear down instructions on this laptop, but please email me if you run into issues. My name is Jerrod, and I work for www.DroppedLaptop.com. You can reach me at jmckee@droppedlaptop.com, or sales@droppedlaptop.com. Good luck!