{GUIDE}: Changing "Slide to Unlock","Slide to Power Off",etc.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 13thReaper, Feb 7, 2009.

1. 13thReaper

13thReaper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok in this guide i will show you how to change your slide to unlock text, your slide to cancel text, your slide to power off text, etc. on a Jailbroken iPod touch 2nd Generation

1st: Download iPhoneBrowser from here-> http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/ (or use WinSCP)

2nd: Open up iPhoneBrowser with your iPod plugged in and navigate to "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/en.lproj/"

3rd:Click on "en.lproj" and find SpringBoard.strings on the right side of iPhoneBrowser.

4th: Right-Click on SpringBoard.strings. and click "save as" and save it to your desktop (or whereever you prefer)

5th: Go to wherever you downloaded Springboard.strings to and right-click on it and rename it to "SpringBoard.txt"

6th: Open up the SpringBoard.txt file in Notepad and than hit "ctrl-f" (should bring up "find"

7th:Type in Slide and hit next it should highlight the first "Slide to ...." just keep hitting next until you find whatever you want to change ex: Slide to Cancel. Makesure it begins with <string>

8th: After editing what you want close it and save changes. Than rename it back to SpringBoard.strings and than place it in "en.lproj"

9th: To edit the "iPod" (next to Wi-Fi) download MakeItMine from Cydia and change the carrier name.

Lastly: Re-Spring your iPod (can do this in BossPrefs) and you should see it.

P.S. This is really simple and fast to do it may sound a lil complicated but its easy.
  2. touran22

touran22 Member

to change the ipod download MakeItMine from cydia done. lol nice tut.
  3. 13thReaper

13thReaper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh you can download MakeItMine from cydia? I thought it was only from Installer...thanks ill add that in there

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. fadethreeblack

fadethreeblack New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Cool. Thanks.
  6. fadethreeblack

fadethreeblack New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "7th:Type in Slide and hit next it should highlight the first "Slide to ...." just keep hitting next until you find whatever you want to change ex: Slide to Cancel. Makesure it begins with <string>"

you mean english.lproj? and what do you mean by "Make sure it begins with <string>? Ive tried to change the Slide to Unlock to like Slide to Start, for example, but the slider says AWAY_LOCK...

Help is appreciated.
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    They are the same thing, you just need the same sources
  8. red_5

red_5 Member

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I have this exact problem.
  9. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why was this posted in the 2G jailbreak section?

Anyway, did you first convert the plist to an xml? I had that same problem when i didn't convert it.
  10. red_5

red_5 Member

Yeah, I converted it. It still didn't work.