[GUIDE] Authorize your iTunes library without taking up authorizations

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by ryanlusk, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

I am going to tell you guys how to authorize iTunes purchases on more than 5 computers. It's really easy however there is a drawback. Doing this will only let you play songs that were purchased before the initial authorization. But it's great for using it with friends songs.

Okay.

OS X

1 . First you're going to want to authorize your iTunes with the accounts you want to use.

2. You want to enable hidden files and folders, do this by using this command.
    defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

3. Now , use Finder and go to /Users/Shared/SC Info . That folder should be kinda enlightened , that means it's hidden. Make a copy of that to your desktop.

4. In iTunes deauthorize all the accounts you wanted to be deauthorized but still want to play that accounts music.

5. Relaunch Finder by cmd+option+esc and clicking relaunch and then copy paste the SC Info from your desktop, to the /Users/Shared directory, but make sure to make a backup of the one already in there (Just in case)

6. Now , relaunch iTunes and Finder and you should be able to play the account in question's music up until that point. However you won't be able to play any new music purchased by that account. But it works great if you're just taking music off an iPod and don't want to take up their authorization.

7. Then you're gonna want to turn off hidden files and folders again.
    Do this by this command...

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

WINDOWS

Instead of the /Users/Shared/SC Info directory use this one to find the SC folder...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\SC Info

And to enable hidden folders and files , go to explorer, click tools, then folder options , then look for enable hidden folders or something like that.
    Then just do the same as the OS X guide.

Turn off hidden folders the same way you turned them off.

OH , and I would reccommend just keeping your own personal iTunes account authorized.
    Since you can't play newly purchases music while doing this , it actually need to be authorized.

This is my first guide , go easy on me , and sorry it's not clear.
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    WOW! This is cool! Thanks!
  3. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Just passin' along my knowledge

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just tell me if something goes wronng.