GUIDE: an even easier way to add GBA Roms to your ipod

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by szurinaga, Dec 23, 2007.

1. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

I remember when i was a uber noob (and in some ways i still am) when i tried to learn how to add Roms to my Ipod. The problem was that people where talking about using terminal or ftp (and neither of them i knew how to use). Here is a super simple way of doing it.

you will need-

1. GBA Roms
    2. GBA Bios File
    3. GBA emulator
    4. iShare (and an account)
    5. Mobile Finder
    6. an internet connection on both your comp and ipod

Yeah so let me figure out the easiest way to explain this.

Ok, on your mobile finder, you will have to click the media file. Once your inside this folder you will have to create a folder and name it "ROMs" (exactly like that). Once you created the folder named "ROMs", enter it, and inside of that folder you will create another folder named "GBA". (this is where you will put all of your GBA roms).

Now you should go on your computer and search for and search for GBA roms (i really dont know any good sites and it always takes me like 15 minutes looking for a good site). download some GBA roms (to make sure its a gba file, at the end of the file it should read .GBA) Also download the GBA Bios File as well.

Open ishare, if you already downloaded it (if not then download it) and create an account.

On your internet browser, navigate to sendspace.com . Sign in on the account you created on ishare. There you can upload files from your computer. browse the Roms you download and upload them (you can upload up to 5 files at a time ). When it says its complete then get onto your ipod and from your ishare, you should see a website that is followed by /sk340a or something that. Go onto your ipod, open ishare, and click the button that says download. when it asks you for the website, put in the one you saw earlier when you uploaded those files. Wait a second, and then you will be brought to a screen that looks identical to your mobile finder. Click media/ROMs/GBA and that is the destination where you want to download your files. wait for it to load (make sure the screen doesnt go to sleep or you will have to download it agian) and THATS IT!!!!.
  2. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    complicated

i think the guide is rather complicated.

if you already have a wifi connection you can add finder and gbaphone from the installer.

then all you need is touchcopy you can use the free days and then make a new folder in your media folder.

then just add files to that using touchcopy.

also the bios file.

then use finder to move bios file to the gba app. set permissions to 755 your done.

once you get more familiar then use winscp to copy and change permissions .

no online accounts needed.

infact if you have winscp and a wifi connection you dont need finder or touchcopy.

pm me if you want a guide or search the forum on winscp it is so easy.
  3. GreeKNastY

GreeKNastY New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    yeah thats complicated IMO
  4. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

Thats true, but some people dont know how to use Winscp or even know how to change permissions to 755. Hey if you have no knowledge about FTP or ibricker then i think my guide is pretty helpful. But this is a free country, flame me if you want. if this guide helps one at least one person then i am satisfied
  5. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    not flaming

i was just stating my opinion and also there are some very good guides on this forum to use winscp also on how to change permissions to 755. you could always add squid from the installer or if you have installed finder go to modify, then settings to 755 buy selecting the permissions in an n shape all active except centre one and bottom centre.

i do apreciate that a lot of effort went into the guide and yes if it helps one person then good but now when people look at your guide they will know there are other methods.

sorry if you feel dumped on.

please use the search function at top of forum or search in google all answers are there
  6. spinner

spinner New Member

Good tutorial! If your lazy and don't want to mess with that, look at my sig. I have an iShare account with over 100 GBA roms.
  7. wallythepirate

wallythepirate New Member

hey how do i download that mobile finder thing? and ishare? and im lost. can you send me a step by step walkthrough of how to do this

Please Register or Log in to view images

please

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

Those applications can be found in the installer App. You dont need any special sources to find them, if you just downloaded the community sources then they should show up. if you have any problems then just PM me. that goes for everyone else as well