GUIDE: 1.1.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Lemures, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Lemures

Lemures New Member

GUIDE: 1.1.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.2

NOTES:
    -This guide is for Windows.
    -To save your applications and settings from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, make sure you have done the following: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8692 . Do it again AFTER jailbreaking 1.1.2. WARNING: Having your applications folder moved BEFORE upgrading(to)/jailbreaking 1.1.2 has been identified as a possible cause for the "spinning wheel" problem. My suggestion is to simply back up your applications folder on to your computer, then after upgrading to and jailbreaking 1.1.2, moving the relevant things back, and THEN following the steps described in the link to create a symlink.
    -Remove your passcode lock before updating if you have one. (tip from MagicSynthesis)

VIDEO OF THIS PROCESS HERE: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8715
    Thanks to ipodtouchmaster for yet another awesome video!

Most of this information from here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8664

0) Download the 1.1.2 firmware from somewhere. The filename should end in "_Restore.ipsw". I will not say here where to get it, NOR WILL I RESPOND TO PM REQUESTS FOR A LINK. Search the forums here, you should find one soon enough, or if somebody feels daring, post it here. (I'm putting this as step zero because you need to do it, atleast up until 1.1.2 is officially released. When it is, I can easily remove this step, and we start at 1.)

1) Download http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip and unzip it to somewhere. Make sure the directory structure has no spaces in it.

2) Ensure that your iPod touch is atleast at step 2b from my other guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8404 . This means that you should have a JAILBROKEN IPOD TOUCH ON FIRMWARE 1.1.1.

3) Go to Installer, Install, "Tweaks (1.1.1)", "Oktoprep". Install Oktoprep. If you don't know how to do this, you probably shouldn't be attempting this. DONT FORGET THIS STEP.

4) Connect your iPod touch to your computer and get iTunes up. Choose your iPod touch. Click Update. (Assuming I still have a step 0 up there, here is what you do. Press and hold "shift" and click "Check for update".

Please Register or Log in to view images

Find your 1.1.2 firmware and select it. Press enter. Now wait and watch this fun screen:

Wait until your iPod touch is updated to 1.1.2.

5) Close iTunes. (May not be needed, but I did it. I also killed my related processes, but that has been giving others problems.)

6) Ensure that your iPod touch is attached to your computer. Go to that folder you unzipped the jailbreak.zip to, and run windows.bat. Follow the onscreen instructions. It pretty much involves clicking a button then waiting, so, you don't really need a walkthrough of this. Also, it may be a good idea to check this box:

Fellow forumgoer Stephen.4 was having troubles connecting via SSH after the 1.1.2 jailbreak, and only after restoring and rejailbreaking and clicking that box was he able to connect. (I don't know personally know if this is needed. Anybody have any more info on this?)

7) From this point, I THINK you can continue from 2c and on in my other guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8404 . I don't know. I havent done it yet. I'll fix this up when I know.

(Somebody may need to remind me to update this guide if a different version of jailbreaking 1.1.2 comes out.)
  2. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Very nice!!
  3. Lemures

Lemures New Member

Um. This is the official method with the official jailbreak.
  4. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

No like an offical jailbreak method from a mod not a junior member
  5. Lemures

Lemures New Member

*sigh*. I'm not going to argue. I'll let you figure it out on your own.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

this is an official JailBreak walkthrough. You obviously have not seen Lemure's other walkthrough.
  7. jeff_282

jeff_282 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this guide may be posted by a junior member, but it is a guide to how to use the official jailbreak released by the dev team, and this has been stickied, so you should not be posting comments like this.....

thanks for another great guide BTW
  8. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

Well if its stickied then its all goood, nice work ill try it out when i upgrade but that wont be any time soon
  9. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My problem is, if I close iTunesHelper and AppleMobileDeviceService, the jailbreak doesn't find my iPod. So when I run it with those apps running, there is no "waiting" as in step 6, it just runs and finishes in like 2 seconds --- something isn't working here for me since it doesn't seem to install anything. I would assume it would take longer than 2 seconds.
  10. shavey99

shavey99 New Member

just close ituneshelper and then run it mine is nearly done