Guesses on what they'll do with the 7th generation of Nano?

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by Draco_Red, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Draco_Red

Draco_Red Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So, we all see that the new 6th generation of Nano is a multi-touch iOS-ish device; and in putting together the new form factor and interface they ditched some of the old features. But now that it's been announced let's start with the wild speculation on what the next generation will be like.

My guesses are thus - They'll fork the development process; bringing back the old design and form factor (maybe as the "iPod Nano Classic") as well as update the new design.

On the "Classic" they'll just be bringing back the 5th generation, perhaps with a batter camera, slightly bigger - but definitely not touch - screen. Perhaps added bluetooth / Wi-Fi support for wireless headphones and over the air syncing and music streaming, but I'm thinking not.

On the next version of the Nano Multi-Touch; front facing camera for facetime (and a watch case for the full Dick Tracy effect), built in Wi-Fi, an official designation as an iOS device and support for widgets or (god help us if they really use this name) "NanoApps". The NanoApps would be rally basic - pulling rss feeds, weather, etc. from the Internet. In other words it'll be like the SPOT watches that Microsoft tried to push a while back, only it'll work well and people will use it.

There you have my 2 cents on the subject. Based on facts? No, not at all. Pure guesswork and conjecture? You bet!

Any one else want to join in on the wild speculation?

^_^
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    All i can guess for is a taller screen and new Apps. possibly an accelerometer, and 3 cheap little games like on all the other iPods. i doubt videos will be supported, but its a possibility. you know, the iPod Nano didnt get video support until the 3rd Gen model, for all we know, we probably wont see video until the 9th gen model.
  3. padfoot07

padfoot07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just hope that Apple learn from their mistake.
  4. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    That's just opinion,
    But yes I can see Steve Jobs saying next year "People clearly missed the buttons" in regards to the nano, "So we've combined multi touch and buttons and thrown in extra features!"
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I know what apples doing, like what coke did, send out a rubbish product, bring back old and voila instant money!
  6. padfoot07

padfoot07 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, your opinion is valid also. I really think they should have kept it more iPod Nano-like.
  7. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They may have 2 way profit on this. They bring out rubbish product so people who saved up for a new nano would be more compelled to buy the touch due to suckiness. Then next year they announce 'The Nano you love is back' and sell sh*tloads and do a 3rd gen ipt on the 5th gen so it's just minor improvements so people buy the nano in boatloads bcause of the incredibly vast improvement in a year which should of come out last year.
  8. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    they will make the screen a little bigger, maybe even bring the click wheel back but have the touchscreen also and have a camera and other features.
  9. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Keeping the touchscreen and adding the old features would cannabalize iPod touch sales.
  10. ihavebeenwaiting

ihavebeenwaiting New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wow! i just cant wait for the ipod nano 12th gen! lets make a thread about it? why would you be talking about the next gen of the current unreleased model lol?