Guess I am one of the Lucky ones.....or is it more?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by kappatango, Jan 27, 2008.

1. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I am seeing so Many threads about failed JB's, yet my ipod is now perfectly running on 1.1.3, with ALL mobile APPS, wiggly icons, customised icons, Applications folder moved to free space up.

Now I am wondering - is this because I got lucky, or because I waited, researched before the JB.

Then after the JB, when I hit a couple Problems, I searched fully before trying to resolve the issue.

I guess my point is this:

Before you open a New thread to tell us about your problem, try searching through the forums. I know the SEARCH is disabled, but you can still look through a few pages, thread titles usually give youa good indication of the content.

Also, if its a common problem, those threads are either stickied, or high up the board with lots of replies.

Next, if you do have to open a thread, dont just read the frist reply you get then run off and try the repair - make sure its GOOD ADVICE, and not going to make your problem worse.

Finally, this forum is not the only place answers will be found, try the Technical Help, the Jailbreak, the Applications, the games.....answers are found all over this site.

Take a bit of time to find the RIGHT fix for the problem YOU are having - chances are, others are having them too.....

Click the link in my sig for solutions to the most common problems....

Kappa
  2. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    howd you fix your installer ? what method did you use ?
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

The one in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.....then freed up disk space using boss tools 034 from sleepers.net/iphonerepo

I am in UK, so 1am bedtime here.

Any questions, please post and I will try to help in the morning.
  4. MomDad

MomDad New Member

If only we could have that in big red bold letters in the header on every page!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Great post! Well-said, and wise words not only for anyone who's having trouble, but even just in general. The bulk of people's problems usually boil down to user error from rushing into things willy-nilly without taking the time to actually read or understand what it is they're doing.

I'd consider it "deserved success" rather than "luck". You had patience, did your research both before and during the process when you encountered problems, and ended up with a good outcome. The ones that try to shortcut that process, deserve the problems they face.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Thanks, Thats the point I was trying to make - but didnt want to come across as a smart ass.

I am just off to work but will update this thread with some usefull tips for common problems soon.
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

7. kappatango

kappatango New Member

shameless bump.
  8. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yeah my 1.1.3 is working perfectly off of the 1.1.3 jailbreak by dev team in installer, everything is good except for customize and summerboard =(
  9. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hope I don't encounter any problems! (upgrading right now)

You thread for the fixes seems very helpful and a lot of fixes are posted, so thanks!
  10. Nike

Nike New Member

I'm another lucky guy: my 1.1.3 JB (I used the JB dev team method) is ok!
    Customize...I don't use it...