GUARANTEED NOBODY CAN FIX MY IPOD TOUCH 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sugard0, May 31, 2009.

1. sugard0

sugard0 New Member

If you do....... I will grovel over you for days (if you want me to). Ok here is the dealio, I was at my cousins house listening to music on my jailbroken ipod touch 2nd gen, we decide to go to town, so to save the battery I turned off the ipod touch completely to save some battery........ riding along on the bus and I decide to turn my ipod touch on for some musical goodness, but alas it doesnt work, so obviously I try the reset thing where you hold home and sleep/wake button for 10 seconds or more till it comes on, no luck...... no worries I take it to the apple shop in town and she trys her luck on it........ no luck, come home and try other techniques...... NONE OF THEM WORK unless ive missed one.... and this is were you come in? Do you think youve got the solution to my problem?

I plug it into my XP computer via USB and no sound alerts me that a usb device is connected, no charging sign on ipod, you cannot see the ipod in itunes, try to turn ipod on and no apple logo, no backlight in the screen to signal that it is attempting to come on. Is my Ipod touch bricked????????

PLEASE HELP
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    DFU redtore would fix it

Please Register or Log in to view images

but their is probably a easier way
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just try putting your iPod into DFU Mode like normal, then Restoring.
  4. Iamzim9

Iamzim9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NO.

Are you on redsn0w tethered? Cause you do know it's untethered now, right? Anyway,
    DFU
    And do a tethered reboot. (If you dont know how to do that, search.)
  5. sugard0

sugard0 New Member

Tried it....... unless Im doing something wrong but Im just following the instructions on the redsnow batch file that shows how to put Ipod in DFU mode.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I am untethered. I used redsn0w beta 0.3
  6. Iamzim9

Iamzim9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, then DFU restore is your best bet, and rejailbreak.

Edit: oh... Well, DFU can get pretty tricky sometimes. Like the time my iPod was tethered and it ran out of battery.
  7. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    hold down home plus power WHILE its plugeed in to your pc and when you hear the first chime(pc detects a usb device) then let go of the power button and hold down the home button entill you hear the second chime(pc detects it) if it worked right itunes will pop up and say your ipod is in recovery mode but your ipod screen should be black then use redsn0w 0.3 beta
  8. sugard0

sugard0 New Member

Ok talk me through a DFU restore. If it requires putting Ipod touch in DFU mode it doesnt work because normally the backlight in the screen comes on etc, which is what happened when I jailbroke 3 other peoples ipods. Is DFU restore different or something?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    How long shall is hold home plus power because I held it for 1 minute and still no chime, also I tried this on my cousins laptop and still no luck, so its definately not the USB port etc.
  9. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i walked you through :EDIT: after like 2 secs you should here the first chime
  10. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no well u used redsn0w so im guessing you know how to dfu. all you do is get in dfu mode and just click restore in itunes. if an error message occurs just shift-click the restore button and click the firmware. if u dont have it, google it. but just dfu and clicking restore should work. itunes will say its in recovery mode though.