Grr!! Just put on Best Skins Ever - Not bad but...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whitestripesnet, Sep 20, 2010.

1. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well I have a put on a few InvisibleShields and most have turned out OK. So I have some experience with these kinds of skins. Just received by BSE today and so far I have installed the front protector. I did as I always have, give the iPod screen a decent spray, spray the sticky side of the BSE and then get the top wet for the squeegee. The problem started when I placed the protector down, even though it was super wet on both sides I had a hard time sliding it into perfection place. I had to keep lifting the skin up and trying to place it down perfectly, using the home button and the front camera as my guide. I eventually got it pretty perfect, squeegeed all the water out as best I could, but it appears there are areas with really teeny tiny bubbles, or moisture. Hard to tell, but from my experience, these never go away no matter how long it sits. I am hoping I am wrong, but if not, the perfectionist in me will be kind of pissed off. I sure hope I am wrong....

My only saving grace is I also have a IS coming. I ordered it first but since it was taking forever I went ahead and ordered a BSE. I was going to cancel, but I guess I Will keep it and possibly try installing that and hopefully having better luck.

These things work great and look great.. WHEN installed perfectly.

Grr!
  2. hawtie

hawtie New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ive put invisibleshields on before.

the bubbles are fine. after it dries, you can still squeegy out the bubbles. I had several on my sister's ipod touch. but it eventually worked itself out.
  3. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i luv mine no bubble or anything here my front peice was 2 slidy if anything...u prolly needed abit more soap
  4. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    At least you didn't get tiny specks of dust under it. Damn those flying particles.
  5. wtfiwantgames

wtfiwantgames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i just put on my bestskinsever yesterday, i have those tiny bubble too, but it seems that they are going away after waited a day
  6. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The back does not look bad, its aligned well, but the left side sits up higher than the right, so I have a little of the BSE sticking up. Nothing major, but you can notice. Too late to move it. As much as I love these things, they are SO frustrating if you don't get it on right. You basically have one chance.