Gripe

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Matric, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Matric

Matric New Member

Ok so I have never been into Ipods ... they werent the best mp3 player on the market just did a better job marketing. However I did love the new iphone and ipod touch, so i finally bit the bullet and bought an ipod (ipod touch) and Now realzied how poorly done itunes really is, U cant just add individual files such as photos it has to be synced ....

Please Register or Log in to view images

WTF, there needs to be a drag and drop function added to itunes or an easier way to manage ur media, plus there is very limited compatability as far as video goes, I had a Sansa e280 and i could drag and drop what ever i wanted and it would play almost any video format, and it cost half the price of the touch, I dont know maybe I just dont know how to use Itunes properly, which is very possible but is it too much to ask to have a drag and drop built in at the very least ...

And thats my Gripe for today ;.)

Thanks for reading
  2. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, you need to learn to do it "the apple way"

Music - sync a playlist to the ipod - then you just drag and drop songs into the playlist to add them, or delete them from the playlist to remove them

Photos - sync a folder to the ipod - then you just drag and drop photos into/out of the folder and sync...

Podcasts - sync all new - then they just show up on your ipod, and disappear after you listen to them (on next sync)

Videos - yeah this is not great, you do pretty much have to manually convert non-conforming videos (plenty of freeware to do this, however) and then select manually sync checked items (or whatever combo of words it is) to sync them

Its not that bad once you get to know it.
  3. Matric

Matric New Member

Yah thats how i have been doing it but when u have an 8 Mega pixel camera making a copy of all the pix you want to transfer to the ipod can take up alot of space on a persons laptop. I Hate the fact that you can only be synced to 1 computer, i have a desktop and a laptop with different data on both but I can only get data from 1 at a time, which is lame... I just figured the biggest MP3 PLAYER Company would have things figured out a little better.

Thanks for your reply
  4. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Think Different! It's more then just a marketing slogan.