Griffin Wave For 2g Touch At Best Buy

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by snowblader13, Sep 30, 2008.

1. snowblader13

snowblader13 New Member

As i was looking through Best Buys Sunday ad, as I always do, I noticed a new case for the 2g touch. It is the Griffin Wave.

Insert From the Ad:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Pictures of the Case:

I looked on Griffins website and the case does not exist. I went to my local Best Buy and they had the spot for them priced fairly high at $35, but it dose come with two different cases, by the look of the photo a black one and white one, and best of all they look interchangeable!!!

I asked the salesman if they had any, and like they always do for me he looked it up in their system and he said that they didn't have any nor their other store in the city, and the same with their main warehouse. He said they didn't have any anywhere he looked (all over the east coast). He said to check the website every now and then to see if they got some in.

Here is the link to the Best Buy webpage:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8976584&type=product&id=1218009772268

Low and behold I checked the site tonight and it said they had some available in all the stores around me. So tomorrow i am going down there and hopefully picking myself up one. It also said that they had the Griffin iClear in as well I may just have to get myself one of each. I also just ordered the new SwitchEasy RebelTouch. Hope fully you guys will be seeing some reviews on both of these from me within the next week.

My first impression of this case is that it is awesome. I like the fact that it comes with two cases, from what I can tell, and that the colors are interchangeable. Another cool thing is that it has the removable bottom for connecting directly into a dock without the need to take the whole case off.

Keep Tune for an in depth review if they do have one! Lets hope they do!

snowblader13
  2. bluejava2

bluejava2 New Member

Best Buy is notorious for not having items in STOCK for items advertised in their weekly ad's. Just this week, 2 Seattle area stores FINALLY received inventory for iPod Touch 2g 32GB devices. And this baby has been out since 9/9!
  3. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

^ Yes, but I noticed there have been shortages of the 2G Touches (especially 32GB) for a lot of online stores. I don't think it's Best Buy's fault
  4. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    wow that is one nice case im gonna get one once i sell my 1st gen and get the 2nd
  5. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I agree with you on this. Seen it.

(Hooray for another Seattle guy! I love this area).
  6. snowblader13

snowblader13 New Member

Sorry guys they didn't have the wave. I will keep checking though. The website was wrong, again. They did how ever have the iClear instock so I did end up getting that one. I will post pictures and my review of it tomorrow for ya all. Overall I think it is an awesome case so far. Maybe not just an everyday case but one that I can use to beat up, at least the case hopefully not the touch.
  7. bluejava2

bluejava2 New Member

Then why does their website continually say "Available at most stores" when in fact, the past several weeks, most stores never had them! It annoys me that they prominently feature the new versions of the iPod on their ads and website, yet Best Buy can't even have these devices in the store.

I've already filed a complaint with Consumer Relations on this issue...