Griffin matte screen protector

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zune Killa, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When I got my touch I used it for a couple days without a screen protector and the glare was very evident and a little annoying but I just accepted it. Then I went to walmart to buy a temporary case and ended up getting a pack of screen protectors too. I didn't realize that they were matte finish until I went to put it on, which was a pleasant surprise. It takes away a lot of the glare and even acts as somewhat of a privacy screen too. It was also surprisingly easy to install, I got no bubbles, unlike when I installed the protector on my LG Vu. Not very often can u get such a good outcome when u buy something without paying attention to what you're buying.
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Pics would be nice. Is it anti fingerprint also? Those are the best for playing games imo, especially tap tap.
  4. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't have any yet as this thread (and this post) were posted from my ipt. I'll try to get pics up when I get home though
  5. BubbaRob

BubbaRob Member

I purchased them also. Very nice for the price. Yes they do resist fingerprints and look as good, if not better, than the Apple branded ones. I would encourage others to try them out.
  6. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have some other brand ones that are antiglare and fingerprint resistant called SurfaceShields. It also makes the screen a lot more smooth.

This is a reflection of my MacBook screen. You can see it on the home button because it only covers the screen:

Please Register or Log in to view images

And just to demonstrate how well it really works, I shined my red laser pointer on the screen. The red dot is the direct light, and the small blur is the reflection:

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I have an anti glare screen protector but since I got my touch replaced by apple I haven't used it. Because I don't want to take off theirs. It even covers the button. I do miss the anti fingerprintness though.
  8. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Mine doesn't prevent fingerprints but it does pretty good at reducing glare and the fingerprints it does get are cleaned off pretty easy.