Griffin iTalk Pro for microphone for TOUCH?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by justsuby, Mar 18, 2008.

1. justsuby

justsuby New Member

Can I use the Griffin iTalk microphone for VOIP? I saw on newegg that they have certain models which are compatible with the iPod Touch... does that mean I can just plug it in and use the VOIP apps found here??
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

the italk pro isnt compatibile
    please give me the link to the website where u saw this at
  3. justsuby

justsuby New Member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855999210

Oh... this is most likely my mistake. I saw in a mac shop today "iTalk Pro" to buy which is what I was wondering about. I just noticed the one in the link is NOT pro. I think I also some elsewhere people say that the Griffin iTalk (not pro) is compatible? Thanks for your help!

Edit: ummm wait, it DOES say Pro in the description under specifications on Newegg and yes it does say compatible with Touch also... ??

Edit2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16888999035 this is an item that looks almost exactly like the other one... cept this one doesn't list the touch as compatible.
  4. justsuby

justsuby New Member

Darn... and there I was hoping it would work.

I did some more searching on the forum and finally dug up some older posts and yeah they all say the Griffin iTalk DOES NOT work with our lovely ipod touch... sigh. I guess I will have to order one online from those uber cool guys ipod
  5. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

i'd just order a touchmods one
    it works and everyone knows it works
    with that griffin thing, nobody knows if it works
    touchmods even have a headset now with the mic
  6. mrnpod

mrnpod New Member

@justsuby: if you have one of those stereo Griffin mics, we can make a deal: you send it to us (for hacking purposes) and we send you a tiny beautiful white Touchmods Mic. Just make a comment on the last Touchmods.net blog entry.
    Cheers, M.
  7. joshman619

joshman619 New Member

help please!

Could u plz do the same for me MRN?
    i bought a brand new griffin italk pro for the purpose of using touchmods Voip-SIP apps, but it doesn't work for my touch.. i'll gladly trade..
  8. nathana

nathana New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Have you tried using the Griffin iTalk Pro with Fring from the App Store on your Touch 1G? It just might work, as long as you are using OS 2.2. Many others here have had success with different microphone models that use the dock connector (mostly MacAlly models, but others as well). We haven't had anyone try a Griffin model for us yet, though.

If you are going to try this, make sure to also have both your iTalk AND your headphones plugged in BEFORE you launch Fring...it seems that the microphone apps won't detect your mic on your 1G unless the headphones are ALSO plugged in, too.

And if it works, please report back and let us know!

-- Nathan
  9. joshman619

joshman619 New Member

i tried, but it still doesn't work.. the iPod (Touch 1G -- 2.2) displays a pop-up immediately after plugging the accessory in stating, "This Product Does Not Work With This iPod".. something along those lines :/
  10. fitness

fitness New Member

Griffin mic

I have the same problem, how can I exchange it too?
    Have to give me details I am tecdummy.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have a griffin too. How can I get the same deal?
    Have to be very specific I am a tecdummy.