Griffin Iclear Review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 02 turbo, Nov 9, 2007.

1. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

Well, after being back-ordered for a week I finally received my Griffin Iclear. I spent $20 on it directly from Griffin but some of the big box stores sell it for around $15, although 2 local stores that I checked were out of stock a few days after its release.

Features:
    *Invisible screen protector
    *Buffing cloth
    *Openings for power button, headphone jack and power jack
    *Coin slot for opening case
    *Crystal clear front piece
    *Frosted back piece

Flaws:
    *The power button slot is hard to access if you have your Touch lying on a table. If your are holding your Touch, it is much easier to use.
    *Using a coin to open the case requires a lot of torque and as a result, I managed to tear up the edges of the slot already. Minute damage, but still annoying.
    *The screen protector looks very promising, but application of it is virtually impossible unless you want tiny bubbles underneath. Granted, I only spent about 5 minutes trying to work them out, but the lip on the screen of the Touch makes it hard. I just left mine off for the time being.
    *If you already have an Invisible Shield or similar applied, it is unlikely that the case will completely close and if it does you might stretch or tear the shield.

The frosted back does an excellent job of hiding all of my scratches. I can only see the two large ones and only when its at the right angle.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

3. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

4. wallstreetcrash

wallstreetcrash New Member

5. iPodGQ

iPodGQ New Member

Holster clip?

anyone know any cases as such with a holster clip? that would be awesome
  6. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

I have not seen any clear cases with a holster clip yet but I can only imagine that Griffin or some other company will be releasing one soon. It seems like they are taking their time to release these things. I went to my Apple store last week and the only cases they were carrying were an Invisible Shield and Griffin Elan Form.
  7. jwilcox009

jwilcox009 New Member

Iclear

Do you notice that this makes the itouch noticably bulkier?
  8. l7productions

l7productions New Member

I don't think I will ever trust my iPod Touch with a holster clip. I see flashes of it graciously plumeting down into the bowl of a toliet.
  9. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

I am extremely satisified with my iClear. I thought the screen protector was eap to put on...no bubbles for me. I was actually suprised how well it went on without actually getting any bubbles....The only place you can actually tell that its on is on the top right, where i accidentally touch the sticky part with my finger and it it a little smudgy, but no one would notice that except for me.

ps. Great pics by btw!
  10. irok

irok New Member

I actually bought one from Walmart.
    It does take a little patience to get the screen protector on but once on it looks great, I have no bubbles only a 'line' along one side where the touch screen is lower than the edge.
    I always bought Agent18 cases for ALL my iPods but they have yet to bring theirs out so I purchased this instead (very similar).
    It does make the touch bulkier but I am used to that because I have always used a similar case.
    I also want to be able to 'carry' it without sticking it in my pocket. The iClear adds about the same bulk to make it roughly the size of the iPhone, so I purchased an iPhone hipcase and am hoping that it will fit.

Out of 10... 9