Griffin Elan Form 2g touch Case Review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Switch, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Switch

Switch New Member

So My 2nd gen touch was getting scuffed up, so I ran out and bought what seemed to be the only case every best buy in my city was carrying: the Griffin Elan Form. Sorry in advance for my pictures, my camera blows.

What you get:

Elan Form case
    Lint Cleaning Cloht
    Screen Protector

Please Register or Log in to view images

I didn't put the screen protector in this picture, simply because its garbage, it didn't fit well at all.

Application:

Overall, the application is really smooth, the top piece goes on first followed by the bottom piece, the screen protectors application almost made my throw the iPod, but if you have the patience to do it, it probably isnt that bad.

Application 8/10

Look/feel:

Overall the case looks great, it hardly adds any bulk to the ipod. The back is leather-ish and makes the grip very good. The added lint cloth is a bonus, cause i dont have to get my ipod one all dirty when I have greasy fingers or something lol.

look/Feel 9/10

Protection:

This case offers great protection, its a hard case, but this doesnt add to the bulk of it. If I did put the screen protector on it would be completely covered.

Pretection: 9/10

Volume button/headphone jack/usb connection

This is where I was very dissapointed, the volume button is already hard enough to press, and the edges of this case make it so that you have to push you nail into the button, theres no way your thumb works at all. The usb connection however, is good, it fits both my car adapters, that my previos case did not. The headphone jack is also big. If your jacks do not fit its not a big deal because the bottom comes off very easily and quickly.

Volume button/headphone jack/usb connection: 6/10 volume button ruins this for me.

Overall I'd give this case and 8/10, since it was the only one they had I'm pretty happy with it, the pros are the protection, look, and application, wheras the only real con is the crappy volume button access. I put this review in because it seems to be such a common one for best buy.
  2. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

thanks for the review! i really appreciate it
  3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

cool, this will prob help all the ip2 users out there
  4. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea i got this case yesterday and i love it also that same day i dropped my ipod flat on the face and it was protected because the edges are raised enough that it didn't get touched
  5. touran22

touran22 Member

im tempted to buy this but does it liek sort of ruin how the ipod feels? isit bulky, liek cna you feel the difference significantly?

Also isit cut properly so the ipod fits or does the ipod move about inside the case?
  6. kyle8c

kyle8c New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Got this case yesterday. A very nice case, except, yes, the volume button and the screen protector (didn't fit well at the corners). Didn't add much bulk too, and it's nice to hold.
  7. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the only thing id get this for is the cloth lol

8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'd send you a cloth if I didn't have to pay S&H.

I have at least 10 cloths have all the cases I review, and the pile is growing.