Greyed out wi-fi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by notredewey, Nov 24, 2007.

1. notredewey

notredewey New Member

Hey everyone I've been having some problems with my wifi in the last few days. I searched the threads on here but couldn't find anything relating to this. Under settings, the top box for Wi-Fi is greyed out and just says no Wi-Fi. (Greyed Out" meaning you can't click on it or anything) I am in wireless range as I am posting this on a wireless network. I have tried resetting the network settings on my touch multiple times and have had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. notredewey

notredewey New Member

I got the wifi to turn on somehow for only a few minutes however, it then froze and after a restart went back to being greyed out.
  3. ben471

ben471 New Member

That's a tough one, I've never heard of it not being clickable. Have you tried going to a different wireless source? I mean is the wireless always grayed out or does it change from site to site?
    Also do you have services installed? If you do have a jailbroken iPod then try installing services and turning wifi on and off, maybe that'll reset it.
  4. notredewey

notredewey New Member

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have a jailbroken ipod. It seems to stay greyed out at all times regardless of where im at. I would try and install services but i am unable to install anything without the wifi working. If I can get okto prep on there then ill update it to 1.1.2 and see if that helps anything. But again for now, I can't.
  5. ben471

ben471 New Member

Sorry about that obviously you can't install anything, glad I'm paying attention.

Yeh I guess you could try to get lucky and install oktoprep. Not to be a pessimist but you may have to restore. It's possible that you will restore and the wifi will still not work then you send it back to apple.

I was about to suggest you manually install services thru winscp but obviously you'd need wifi. Sorry but I'm out of ideas, hope someone has a suggestion because I think you might be heading for a restore.
    Good luck.
  6. scooters

scooters New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I have googled this topic and read for 4 days, trying to find a fix to the wifi grayed out problem. I joined ipod touch fans today, and read every problem that the "search" function displayed for the described problem. (this was the last post in the list)

I have read the most recent apple article TS1559 and completed the suggested steps, with no success. Anyone aware of a fix to this "apparently common" problem? Thanks,
  7. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is over 2 years old -_-
  8. scooters

scooters New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I know. I replied to this one to show the problems been around forever, plus to show I read the list right down to the last message before I went and posted a inquiry that was allready answered elsewhere.

Sorry for the long wind, but this is a real problem that appears to have affected many people without any admission of a problem by apple. I figured theres an Ipod touch guru around here that would have this figured out, scenes its been around so long.