Greyed Out No-Wifi on iPod Touch (1G)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Atrollincentralpark, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Chukz15

Chukz15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What are some fun things to do without Wifi on my ipod touch?

I don't have wifi and my touch is getting pretty boring.
  2. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I can see this is spreading on the 1gens. Maybe Apple is secretly killing the servers on 1G.
  3. wardoc22

wardoc22 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This has happned to me

when i was at school eatin lunch, i accidently poured milk on my ipod. I thought everythin was alright so i kepted on usin it. Then my touchscreen stopped working. Then my ipod thinks tht the volume and sleep buttons are connected so if i tried to turn up the volume, it would make the ipod go to sleep. Then magicaly, my touchscreen worked again!! But when i went tp settings to reconnect to wifi, it was greyed out. Then i noticed tht my touchscreen was unresponsive again and the back of my ipod got flaming hot. And at the sametime my ipod battery indicator was jumping from 80%-10% and back up and basicaly went crazy.

I took it to the apple store and they gave me a brand new one
  4. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Lol, they shouldn't have

Its water damaged, so you must of got one damn dumb apple rep!
  5. wardoc22

wardoc22 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol, o well, got another fully working one
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

my ipod is effed up..

my ipod really started to screw me over the other day. my wifi completely stopped working when i click on settings its grayed out, says no wifi, and i cant click on it. i've had this happen once before but it just fixed itself and a couple hours later it worked fine again. this time its been messed up for like two days. and all my music got deleted and none of my apps worked anymore. i tried resetting all of the settings and that didnt help. and i tried restoring it but i dont think that helped. right now it's syncing all the music, apps, videos, etc.. and hopefully by some miracle it will start working again. i know one of my friends has had this problem but it just fixed itself for him. idk what to do if it doesnt start working again. i dont think we have a warranty and i cant afford a new one. i'm hopefully gonna go to the apple store today if this doesnt fix the problem..
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

That just happened to me too. The wifi stopped working and so I turned it off and left it for awhile. When I turned it back on everything had been deleted. Did the people at the apple store help at all?
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Grrr apple

The same wifi problem is happening to me to,
    ipod touch 1g its my 6 year olds , out iphone an ipod touch 2g has no problem just the 1g.
    i am restoring it as a new ipod on a diffident laptop to see if that helps ..
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i have the same exact problem my wifi is gayed out and saying no wifi.... im taking it to the apple store tommarow... dies anyone know if this is a fixable problem???????
  10. TraciR

TraciR New Member

WiFi Greyed out

My son has been having this exact problem (has anyone found a solution??):

"my ipod really started to screw me over the other day. my wifi completely stopped working when i click on settings its grayed out, says no wifi, and i cant click on it. i've had this happen once before but it just fixed itself and a couple hours later it worked fine again. this time its been messed up for like two days. and all my music got deleted and none of my apps worked anymore. i tried resetting all of the settings and that didnt help. and i tried restoring it but i dont think that helped. right now it's syncing all the music, apps, videos, etc.. and hopefully by some miracle it will start working again. i know one of my friends has had this problem but it just fixed itself for him. idk what to do if it doesnt start working again. i dont think we have a warranty and i cant afford a new one. i'm hopefully gonna go to the apple store today if this doesnt fix the problem.."