Grey App Background Customization

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Nross666, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Nross666

Nross666 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Heya!

Just wondering if there's anything I can do to get a custom wallpaper for that grey bar thingy behind most apps. You know, this one:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've seen people with custom backgrounds, just wondering how I can do it, preferably not by applying a whole new theme, cause I've got kinda a mix and match thing going on. Something like Bosspaper would be ideal, or just a winterboard add on.

Thanks for any help and Happy New Year!
  2. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I do not know how to incorporate this into a theme as i do not know what the folder names you put it in would need to be, perhaps (in your theme, mine for example is called NEO) NEO/folders/[appname.app]lockdown.app (for example).
    Then just choose your background pic and call it Background.png.

You can also change the image you see on start up, for example on lockdown, the picture of bars and the logo or in a category from categories, the folder with loading written on it by calling it Default.png but it will always be placed on top of the background so any transparent spots on Default.png will show Background.png through them and any transparent spots on Background.png should show you the springboard beneath (not sure about that though).