greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Toilet Duck, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    New round here, already have a spanking new iTouch 64, but have to wait till the 25th to unwrap and use

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I made sure I got a full testing session in before it got wrapped. From this I deduced that generally its a great little gadget that does (almost) everything i need. Maybe some of my complaints are well known, or purely down to my lack of familiarity with the device.

However thats not to say its a perfect device, the bluetooth is badly implemented, (AVRCP can include more than just play/pause, and if it worked 2 way I could use it as a remote for my home media server), then there is the issue with lack of multitasking support some apps need to be run in the background like timers or RSS feeders but no I have to close one to start another.

But like I say this is all probably just me being picky. Anyhow, I do have a couple of questions that someone may be able to help me with....

1, Is there a good app that will create folders on the home screen, so all the games can go in one folder etc (i find flicking through 6 pages of home screens a bit of a pain when the app you want is on the last page)?

2, Whats the best way to keep the battery in tip-top condition, use till flat, or are there no problems with the batteries on ipods these days?

3, Are the cheap mains chargers on ebay ok to use with the touch, or has anyone had any issues with them?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to the forums

Please Register or Log in to view images

and to answer your questions:

1. Yes, there is Categores and Stacks that add folders, so you can organize your apps in those. But you will need to jailbreak your iPod to get these apps. If you're not jailbroken, you're out of luck.

2. I'm not sure what the best way is. There are probably some people who like to let it die and then charge, but I charge it whenever it's below 40% or whenever I sync it, I let it charge for a few minutes.

3. I'm pretty sure they're fine. And either way, if they're cheap (like 2-3$) then it's not that big of an issue if it doesn't work.
  3. kamimel

kamimel New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    same here, i have to wait for christmas to unwrap mine too,
    chrisL is right
  4. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks fellah, I'm not wanting to jailbreak at the moment, i dont see the point untill I've gotten used to the iTouch, unless jailbreaking would mean I could add .avi codecs.

As for the chargers, I was more worried about knacking my iTouch, than the charger not working.