Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Carcarius, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Carcarius

Carcarius New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I am new to these forums and this is my first post. I don't yet have an iPod touch but I plan to get one after MWSF08 (I want to see what they come up with next first). I joined the forums so I can read what people have to say about the touch, such as impressions, recommendations, rumors, etc...

When Apple first talked about the iPhone I immediately thought of a touch-like device and decided from the first moment that I would never get the iPhone. If the phone worked on any provider I would have been all over it. Then months later they come out with the touch and I was ready to get one but held off due to no pressing need. My 4th Gen iPod Photo (60gig) has been working just fine for me and the amount of space makes it a rather nice portable HDD.

Anyhow, this is a site for fans so I expect rave reviews and recommendations that I get the device. So, is the iPod touch a must-have, a wait-a-few-months-and-see device, or a something else?

Thanks and I am looking forward to comments,

2. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Well like most other's will agree probably, the iPod Touch is a must-have...But if you have the patience to wait till they release the 2nd Gen iPod Touch then you can wait till they do...The 2nd Gen will have more space and other features I am sure...But with the current iPod Touch there's so many devices coming out for it that I'm pretty sure that the "more space" thing will be the only new thing on the 2nd Gen iPod Touch...For example, Kevio is currently patenting a speaker/mic/audio input device for the iPod Touch.