Greetings

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by cr0sis, Oct 22, 2008.

1. cr0sis

cr0sis New Member

Just bought an iPod touch 2.1.1*** (supposedly) on eBay, it'll arrive saturday.

Never had anything remotely apple anywhere near my PC since ... forever, so this should be interesting.

I've been looking around for info etc (Yeah, I bought the damn thing before I even read into it... more money than sense some might say(!)) but maybe some/one of you could be so kind as to provide me with all I need to know in terms of what to expect once it arrives.

I'll mainly be using it as an MP3 player but the video player options (specs.. supported extensions, resolutions, bitrates and all that twoddle etc) would be useful to know about!

Also, is iTunes really as homosexual as the internet tells me it is?

Peace.

cr0sis
  2. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Videos: Mp4 and H264....... use videora..... is free and fast
    Itunes is nice to me........ Dont know why is hated by more than half of ipod owners
    Music: All bitrates... i like 192..... You can get itunes to find you album artwork and it also supports lyics with a little program called ilyrics that will add them straight to itunes...
    If its a second gen.... forget about jailbreak

It is an awesome device.... battery life is very good specially for music...

I will let other tell ya more
  3. cr0sis

cr0sis New Member

Thanks for the useful reply!

Since I started on my quest for knowledge all I've come up against is information on jailbreaking, now, I gather this is something a lot of people want but it's no where near ready to be done yet due to the firmware limitations? Idk that's my impression after 20 mins on this forum lol.

Tbh, it's not something I'd particularly want to do, I've been there before with other electronic devices, waiting for a dev-team to deliver the goods then ruining things, either because I was so desperate to be first in line I'd go ahead and "crack" the kit before the method was fully tested properly or I didn't RTFM.

I have more sense than money when it comes to things like "jailbreaking" now, I wouldn't ever consider purchasing a £170 paperweight let alone convert a fully functioning and useful device into one!

So, oh yeah.. one more question: about the headphone jack.. will any 3.5mm headphones fit unlike some other model I read about that had a receeding jack hole in the ipod? I'll happily make an adapter if this is the case (I'm an electronic engineer by trade!).
  4. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Any headphone will fit. At least the 15 or so I've had worked. Never heard of the receeding jack hole thing.

iTunes is ok, nothing is really wrong with it. I stopped using all the other media players because it's just easier to keep one for my iPod and my daily listening.
  5. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Jailbreaking is flawless nowadays. In the rare case something happens, then you simply restore. But if you have a 2g, you can't jailbreak yet. The dev teams are working on it. And the receding headphone jack you are thinking about was on the first iPhone. But since then, they will fit any 3.5 mm headphones.
  6. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    2.2.1? Wait what?
  7. cr0sis

cr0sis New Member

8. pablito024

pablito024 New Member

Congrats!

Congrats on your new purchase, you'll have a blast with it. I have had other Ipods before and even a Zen player way back and the touch is the best out of all of them. Sure it was hella expensive for such little storage (have hte 8gb).
    But it was worth every penny. My favorite app is Pandora, I open it up when i'm outside the house doing yardwork and whatnot and its awesome cause I can listen to music that I dont even have in my library. The app store has really made the touch experience amazing, hope you enjoy !.
  9. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)