iOS 3.1 Greenpois0n - why is it so late?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iPod-eee, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPod-eee

iPod-eee New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Just if you wanted to know why Greenpois0n is being delayed for such a long time, this may solve your curiosity. (Did solve mine)

A massive block of infomation has been written out by Chronic -

@chrisrwilliams there is one thing, patience. people don't realize that we also have lives, and some of us have been pretty busy lately. lately it's pretty much just been chronic, ius, westbaer, OPK, and posixninja on the private IRC room, and even then we're not all on at the same time, and even then, some of us are busy with other things. we do this all for free, and personally, I (chronic) have been working on an App Store application for a contractor, and am actually getting paid for it, so that is eating up a considerable amount of my free time too. I do regret not working on this more in July and August when I had much more free time, but the simple truth is I can't do much about that now, and at this point I am just doing what I can. so again, to reiterate, one thing that you can give to help the team would be your patience, instead of most of the whiny people on the blog nowadays that just say "RELEASE NOW YOU SAID BEFORE 2010 I GOT AN IPOD FOR CHRISTMAS RELEASE UNTETHERED NOW GRRRRRR", because that is really a put off, and is honestly one of the reasons that most of my free time now goes to App Store application I am working on, that's something that people are actually enjoying (http://twitter.com/SwaggCertified/status/7024573777 and http://twitter.com/KBartos/status/7038021354) versus something that people are all complaining about (see any much comment on the chronicdev blog

Please Register or Log in to view images

). anyway, enough of my ranting, hopefully you understand what I am trying to get across.

You can go to the Chronic Dev blog, http://chronic-dev.org/blog/

or

You can view this message at http://www.twitlonger.com/show/1c63i

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Good reason... But I think a lot of us realized this.
  3. LuffyZoro

LuffyZoro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, but it will help some people.
  4. TSG

TSG New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The guy shouldn't have made a promise he wasn't prepared to deliver.
  5. iPod-eee

iPod-eee New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I would laugh if the jailbreak was released on December 31st, 11:59 and 59 seconds PM
  6. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

Could not agree more. That's the issue I have with these DEV teams. I totally understand that they have lives. However, as I said before, once I donate, I expect results. They are no longer working on their own free time, but on time paid for by donations. Perhaps more people would have patience if the DEV team ceased making promises of release. Can't really blame the folks who support you when they ask why the release date was not met.
  7. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    For any doubters out there who don't believe it will be released before the end of 2009..

http://twitter.com/p0sixninja/status/6437248139

Saw a link to it in the comments on the most recent post ("no untethered") on the Chronic Dev blog.
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem. People like you are the reason Chronic's patience has worn thin and his impetus to push on with his unpaid work on an untethered jailbreak has waned.

2. If you hold expectations then don't donate before you have a functioning product in your hand. Common sense would dictate so as it may be the case that an untehered jailbreak cannot be built and is never released.

3. Shut up and leave the developers to do what they do best, which by the way is not listen to whining kids who can't put up with the free jailbreak tool they have already.

4. If you don't like it then get educated, reverse engineer the new boot rom, find a hole and build an exploit and injection vector yourself. I think the core community is fed up to the back teeth with the leech element who are just around for the free lunch. Give something back for a change.

5. I'd be willing to put a hefty bet down that most of the whiners out there are only into this for the pirated apps anyway. Gah!

</rant>
  9. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I also saw somewhere they said they where saving the BrandNew exploit for the 4g iPhone so apple don't patch it and it's an untethered jb from release!
  10. LuffyZoro

LuffyZoro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    They have said that, but I think that they should have made THESE devices untethered from release, or at least from now, after they've had time to work on them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.