Great little gadget

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by hughster, Jan 18, 2008.

1. hughster

hughster New Member

Just bought mine yesterday, and I am impressed with the thing so far. It replaced my 5GB 1G iPod (so old that the lettering on the back was in Apple Garamond rather than Myriad Pro), but I'm still keeping the white one as a spare...

There's a serious lack of free WiFi here in the outskirts of Tokyo. Does anyone have any experience of Fon as a system?
  2. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lack of WiFi in Tokyo? Wow that actually shocked me for some reason...Don't know why...

Glad your enjoying your new toy though..Not sure what you mean by FON..
  3. hughster

hughster New Member

Japan is extremely low-tech in many areas - would you believe ATMs that close in the evening and at weekends? There's a fair amount of WiFi here, but not free or open.

OK, about Fon. I'm not shilling for them, but www.fon.com looks like a very interesting way to link the world wirelessly through social sharing of bandwidth.
  4. KaeMarie

KaeMarie New Member

hmm ive never heard of FON either. the lack of high tech-ness(for lask of a better word) surprised me too. so the available ones are locked?
  5. hughster

hughster New Member

When you say "locked", you mean unjailbroken, I take it? I've got one friend with a jailbroken touch, but I don't know of anyone else with one. No idea where I would start looking for a j-b touch (and so far, I'm happy exploring the new "legal" features).