Great game. Good graphics. Almost done. Help.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by scottgoodz, Dec 3, 2007.

1. scottgoodz

scottgoodz New Member

I created a classroom game called Pen-Pong. Even if you can't hack see www.freewebs.com/penpong for rules. Anyway the game has become very popular at my school, with over sixty members in the monthly tournaments. I figured that the best way to get the word out would be to make an ipod/iphone game. I created all necessary visuals and graphics which look stunning. I also wrote out a simple way of how these visuals can be made into a game. If you know how to make simple apps than the hard work is done,(I think) . All that is left to do is make certain pics appear at dif times. Please see this thread for pics and gameplay. Www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13146 Really shouldn't take longn and judging by reactions I've seen it would be a hit

Another, more compilicated idea I had was to hold your thumb on the screen, swing the ipod, and let go of your thumb to release the pen. Accelerometer inputs would be read andcwould dictate the path of the pen.
  2. camdman13

camdman13 New Member

I am confused with how the game works.
    It looks like just throwing a pen at a table.
  3. scottgoodz

scottgoodz New Member

It is not actually a pen it is a peice of a mechanical pencil that is seperated. It is called a TASP which stands for the almighty staff of pen-pong, and it has uniquely satisfying and supeisong bouncing qualities. As for how you play Did you read the rules at www.freewebs.com/penpong/basicgameplayfaceoff.htm ? Though it seems simple the game can be challenging and intense, especially in competition with a friend. If you read the section on alternative and environmental games on the website, you may also see opportunity for independently developed levels and challenges. Sign ups for the club were moved from the website but 60 plus people at my school have begun participating in monthly tournaments.
  4. jord

jord New Member

seems like something I would enjoy in junior high...
    I feel old
  5. scottgoodz

scottgoodz New Member

Yeh made it up on 8th grade. Brought it back to life this year to better results. I guess old enough to catch the mock-serious humor but too young to be put down by the fact that its just a pen and desks. I dont see why it couldn't be pretty enjoyable in an office environment. Try printing out a few rule packets from the website (read through it its funny), write down a time and place to play. Like lunch break or something. Small tournaments could be a little midday stress releiver. You'd be suprised at how quick people get into it. The people you'd last expect.

even if you are not interested in making it could you tell me if it would be difficult, or even if you would enjoy it.

Where could I find a simple tutorial with all i need to make it.

Someone help it can't take long.
  6. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Please do not triple post, your three posts have been merged.
  7. airfull

airfull New Member

those graphics are awful...
  8. scottgoodz

scottgoodz New Member

thanks asshole. Its a photoshop mockup not a screenshot. I dont see you submitting sh*t. Go buy some freinds
  9. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Less of the profanity please.
  10. deleted account 4

deleted account 4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So...? Is it still coming along or is it dead?

Please Register or Log in to view images