great deal on ipod touch at Amazon

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by saz25, Jun 30, 2008.

1. saz25

saz25 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    I just noticed a good deal on the Touch 32GB on Amazon. Its $459.99 with the recent 5 application software upgrade. I assume thats the January update. The 16GB version is $379. And all include free shipping.

I wonder when they will have firmware 2.0 included on the Touch and what the cost of that will be. Could it be more or the same?

I am really holding out to get the Touch wih 2.0 out of the box.
    Steve
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Firmware 2.0 should be included in their shipments soon after. They may continue to ship iPod touch's with Firmware 1.1.4 out of box, until they run out of stock, at which point I would assume they would switch over to Firmware 2.0.

Considering the Firmware 2.0 update is $9.95 for the iPod touch, I would say that the price would stay the same on Amazon.
  3. saz25

saz25 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    When you order on Amazon, they don't indicate the firmware version to be shipped on it.
    True?
    Steve
  4. HockeyFan05

HockeyFan05 New Member

i very recently bought a "like new" ipod touch from amazon for 290usd. when i got it via UPS, there we only a couple scratches on the back and that was it!

they do indicate what firmware version. they say with software update or without. 2.0 isnt out yet, so dont expect it to come with an ipod if you buy it now. wait?