Great Clear iPod Touch Case Review- Naked Case!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chivasgarcia, Nov 26, 2008.

1. chivasgarcia

chivasgarcia New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    From what i've been reading, there are a lot of great cases out there, but in my opinion, i think the one i have, the Naked Case by Case-Mate is one of the best cases out there. Anyways, here is what it looks like.

Please Register or Log in to view images

PROS:
    * Patent pending electrostatic membrane allows complete touch-through access to screen.
    * Case provides full protection for screen.
    * Cutouts for full access to all iPod Touch controls.
    * Crafted of black and clear acrylic.
    * Ambient light sensors still functional.
    * Guaranteed to accommodate Apple brand headphones
    * Allows the beauty of the iPod to shine through case, while it is being fully protected.

CONS:

*The fact that the power button is a little bit difficult to reach

OVERALL:
    GREAT CASE, TOUCH THROUGH SCREEN PLUS GREAT PROTECTION FOR ENTIRE IPOD MAKES UP FOR THE HARD TO REACH BUTTONS!

IT COSTS $29.99 and they charge no tax + FREE shipping. You can get it at

http://www.case-mate.com/ipod/2nd-Generation-iPod-Touch/ipod-touch-case-naked-2nd-gen

RATING:
    9.8/10 (EXCELLENT)
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I'll bet it still fogs up inside if there's a temperature difference and any moisture in the air. I hope you're reviewing this based on actually having used one for a bit. Did they fix the fogging issue, or the way the membrane has a nasty habit of popping loose at the corners?
  3. chivasgarcia

chivasgarcia New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have been using this case now for about 3-4 weeks now, and it has been working great for me... I don't know if there was a problem with it before, but the one i have has been fantastic. It does NOT fog up, and the corners do not pop loose at all if put on properly... anyway, i hope this review helps and good luck!
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

"Put on properly" doesn't sound very good - from what I recall, the membrane which you're pushing through CAN push loose at the edges if you don't hold the iPod either flat on its back or leaning that way. Also, for the fogging issue I suggest walking into a cold area and then back out to see if it has a condensation issue as previous Naked Cases have had.
  5. chivasgarcia

chivasgarcia New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    By put on properly I meant properly closing the case together... As far as the fog issue goes, it does not fog up when I go outside for a while and it is around 36 degrees Fahrenheit.. But i'll be sure to let you know if it fogs up when I leave it overnight by the window sill as it gets very cold outside