Great application for keeping track of your app sales

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by bamhm182, Jul 17, 2009.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I bought Oliver Drobnik's application for the iPhone and iPod Touch called My App Sales and have it using it for a while. It is really clean looking and makes keeping track of your sales MUCH easier, so I thought I would post about it.

This applications automatically logs you in and downloads your daily sales reports. It is designed by a very trustworthy developer, so I can assure you that your valuable information is only being sent between you and Apple. It is worth much more than the $15 that he asks that you donate to gain access to the source code.

Drobnik.com - My App Sales

Apple won't approve it for the App Store because it violates section 3.3.7 of the iPhone SDK Agreement:

“Applications may not use any robot, spider, site search or other retrieval application or device to scrape, retrieve or index services provided by Apple or its licensors, or to collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose.”

Since Apple won't approve it, he asks that you donate to him through paypal, than once the donation goes through, he sends you an automatic e-mail that tells you how to download, compile, and install the application to your iPhone.

I can personally guarantee that Oliver Drobnik isn't sending your login information to anyone but Apple to get the reports. They rejected his application because it automatically downloads the sales reports.

Like I said, I HIGHLY recommend this application to any iPhone Developer with apps on the app store, I use this every day and it only takes seconds to login, download, and view the sales reports. It is VERY much worth the $15 he charges for the source code considering the time and effort that it saves you.

Here are some screenshots and a link to a youtube review:

My App Sales Youtube review

The reviewer sounds a bit like a pitchman, but I agree with everything he says.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How do I know you're not this Oliver Drobnik guy, trying to promote his $15 app that may potentially steal your iTunes Account.
  3. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    He's been around this forums for a while, if he wanted to promote his app, he'd do it without faking it, I'm quite sure.

Anyway, there's an app in the AppStore that gives you that info.

I haven't used it, as I don't have a license yet, but it's called "Sales Tracker", by CXI Gaming, and it looks nice.
  4. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, like pelaez said, I'm the type who would just say like "hey, check out this app that I made" Also, I'm Dylan Wilson, not Oliver Drobnik.

Also, what would I want people's iTunes info for? I'm hate getting ripped off and believe in karma, so I'd never steal anyone's information. I guess nobody knows that, but still.
  5. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah brah, hes Dylan Wilson brah. lol, hes the leader of our app developer team. He isn't lying.
  6. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    wyndwarrior joined in June so he probably didn't know. Anyhow on topic, not sure no matter who it is if I would trust them. They could be the nicest person but as far as security wise and everything, I'd rather just be safe.

Thanks for posting tho. Perhaps I'll look into it at another time.
  7. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

You're paying for a license to his source code.

You can check to see if it does anything with your information that you do not want, AND you could change it.
  8. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    YeAh right: promote his app!!
    Just like i promote my (web)app, jeez!
  9. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just looked into Sales Tracker, I'm not sure why that was approved but Drobnik's wasn't. They both essentially do the same thing. I will continue to use Drobnik's though because I like the interface better and he has many ideas on how to improve it. Like cyanide said though, you pay for the source code. I've looked through it and didn't see anything suspicious. I wouldn't exactly know what to look for, but everything looked legit.

@TouchCast what are on about?
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator