great app Idea for protecting your touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wadded, Apr 5, 2008.

1. wadded

wadded Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Herse a great idea for an app(or group of apps)
    all the iPod touch apps that when opened come up with a "critical error" message than "crashes" (either to another picture of a springboard or actually crash) it would be cool especially if it just went to a pic cuz than nothing would "open or work".
    also if someone could make the basics for this app and than just have everybody use different icons for the apps they want to use this for

I would love this app so that I could finally stop some of the annoying kids at my school from always going on it this way I could just be like WTF no u completley broke it last time why would I let u use it now?

If someone could do this app it would be so sweet
    Thx in advance hopefully
  2. evel_king

evel_king New Member

This would be kinda cool like "WHAT DID YOU DO!!! YOU BROKE MY IPOD!!!!"
    But for a better effect, you should have a feature where the app doesn't crash, instead, your iPod/iPhone shuts down.
  3. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, but then how would you get your iPod back out of the "secure" state? (Maybe a randonly generated series of button presses)
  4. Wargames

Wargames New Member

you know what would be cool, an app that includes a countdown timer and when it finishes it launches an app/picture/shuts down/et cetera
  5. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

there is an app like this, its in the development section, called cracks.app, where when u touch the screen a crack forms there and then the ipod flickers and dies.
  6. wadded

wadded Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no it could just show a picture of your springboard all you would have to do to exit is just press the bottom button and it would bring you back to your real home screen

ps i know about the cracks app and this would be way better because it is so much simpler you just need a pic of ur springboard and a pic that says like fatal error
    just have it show the fatal error pic than the springboard pic andthan whenever they try to do something on the springboard because its a pic nothing will happen... than bam you got them!
    oh i just posted this in the dev part of the forums hopefully someone does the project but if any of you wanna help out its here
    i would tackle this but i have enough coding experience to screw up a webpage in about 5 minutes while trying to add text(true storey)
  7. irish93

irish93 Banned

I dont have the crack app in devolpment, source please?
  8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just use Cracks.app
    I use it all the time for this purpose, because all the people at my school don't know about jailbreak, yet. It's fun

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. bjlock

bjlock Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    thad be sweet good idea
  10. wadded

wadded Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    alrightey so I have modified vista.app so that its like safari its called safari it has the safari logo but when you boot it it says: deleting all files please wait it even has a blinking cursor(that's only if you pay for It LOL just joking) I'm on my touch tonite but I can probably upload screenshots and the file on Saturday if all goes well
    ps should I upload a version of the app for every original app so that nomatter what they open it will still say the same thing or just the one and you guys can change them yourself ?