graphing calculator

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by SoahmZ, Jan 8, 2008.

1. SoahmZ

SoahmZ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was just thinking, wouldn't it be really cool to have a graphing calculator app on the iPod and use it to trick your math teacher tha it is a fancy graphing calculator and pretend to be working when you're actually listening to music or browsing the web during class LOL. Excuse my spelling/grammar I'm writing this on my iPod heh
  2. Terin7

Terin7 New Member

Yes, we do need one. I would think it would be easy to make, and I'm often without my actual graphing calculator, and I have my iPod Touch. Even just a scientific calc with square root, sine, cosine, tangent, and order of operations would be very nice and make good use of the iPod Touch/Phone.

Anyways, I doubt you could actually fool a teacher into saying it was a graphing calculator, due to the tell-tale silver back with "IPOD" on it.
  3. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

there isnt a graphing one but there is a scientific one with stuff like what was said in the previous post.
  4. d00m42

d00m42 Member

If someone would port the Texas Instruments TI-84 to the iPod they would be my hero lol
  5. Terin7

Terin7 New Member

What would that be? I saw iPHCalc, which was a rough, reskinned calculator with some kind of point-graphing system with no stats if you shifted the screen left.
  6. ChuckieDub

ChuckieDub New Member

Mine too. I really need it for work. I had a programable TI and the USB port died. Don't want to shell out another 150 bucks for a new one.
  7. TouchyLeland

TouchyLeland New Member

well the HP-11, 15 and etc are all fully functional and skinned now available through the installer. I find this very useful over the native calc app which is weak at best. However, I'm thoroughly excited at the idea of a graphing calculator. I'm slowly moving my apps off of my Treo 650 to my ipod (ie just using similar apps) because I will eventually just get a smaller and better cellular phone... However I still need the graphing calculator that I have. Someone needs to get on that eh

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, I googled a few scientific calculators and found ones that arent just HP emulated calcs, but are actually designed for the ipod. Might give that a try
  8. TouchyLeland

TouchyLeland New Member

Actually, now that I've done more searching around, I found this:

http://furbo.org/stuff/conspiracy.html

It's the graphing app from iconfactory. Despite it's only a web app, it's still quite functional