Graphing calculator app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fred2028, Jan 31, 2008.

1. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So ya this is my suggestion, that if a developer had the time, could they make a graphing calculator app? I have one on my cell, XCalc from Get Jar.com, but I would like to have it on my iPoT since the screen is bigger and it's easier to use. Thanks!
  2. redroverr

redroverr New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that would be really useful. i hate regulart calcs because of no touch screen
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Well, I'm not sure if there's Graphing Calculator but there are plenty calculator emulators in Installer (Scientific, Financial, etc) RPN... there's also Macalc ... I actually use this one for school instead of my old TI-86 =P
  4. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All of the currently available calcs are weird. You press 8 * 8 it gives you 8, but if you press * again, it gives you 64. I wish there was an app for a normal graphing calculator similar to The TI-83+. I mean I have The TI-83+ emulator on my laptop, it's not that big of a file and it can't use that much power.
  5. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Yeah, lol, they're RPN, the kind of calculator I'm used to is the ALG (Algebraic)... However you can switch from RPN (1 [enter] + 1 [enter] = 2) to ALG (1 + 1 = 2) on Macalc... I love it :]

You should really try that one out.
  6. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks! I got it to work properly. Now if only it had the capability to graph from equations and tables, along with solving for values on the graph and factoring

Please Register or Log in to view images