graphics cards!:)

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by thehitmanisaloser1, Feb 4, 2009.

1. hi, i was just wondering kind of graphics card i should be looking to get as i now have to update from my 8300GS as i want to play Dawn Of War 2 on high settings. the rest of computer is: 360gb hardrive , intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz and 2gb of ram which i think will play the game nicely but i jus need a graphics card to be at the same level as the rest of my PC. I am looking to spend at most AROUND £30.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  3. Ghetto Toaster

Ghetto Toaster New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont know euros so i couldnt tell you if im going over your limit, but i have a nvidia 8800GT and it runs really good on crysis and other games (it's inexpensive too)
  4. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't think that you can get a graphics card that's that great with only roughly 60-70USD. A Nvidia Geforce 9500 is roughly 130USD.
  5. well in all fairness i am just looking for the best cheapest card which will work Dawn Of War 2 at Medium-High graphics

6. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok so based on what i could find on your card, these should be able to replace it. I say should because most newer cards work on something called PCIex16 2.0
    While what you probably have is a regular PCIex16 slot. But the newer ones will still work in the old slots.

This 9600GT is well worth it for the price. Its got a 1Gig of dedicated graphics memory, compared to your old card that used to share the system memory(a big no no). I have the 512mb version of this along with similar PC parts as you adn am very satisfied. All for about $100 after rebates.

If you want to spend a little more you can look into this 9800 GTX+. A friend of mine has this exact card and is more then happy with it. It also has 1gig of dedicated graphics memory but has double the stream processors. It can handle significantly more tasks. It will run high settings at better frames per second. Keep in mind it is also almost double the price at $190 after rebates. Another thing, it is a dual slot card. So that means you will want to make sure there is room in your case. And the slot above,or below you video card slot may be unusable.

While you will find that the 9500 series is cheaper, they are for a reason. I doubt they will play better games at decent settings. They also wont work as well with future games.
  7. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have the 9500 GT with 1gb. it was $70 or $80 from tiger direct.

It plays left4dead on the highest settings at 1440x900 with little fps drop.
  8. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ...You think £ is for euros?
  9. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

I thought so...

I guess I'm just stupid...
  10. ok i like the look of the 9600GT and here in the UK its £98. How much would you say delivery from US to UK would be and woulde it be worth it or should i spend more on buying the one from UK ?? thanks for the comments so far!